What are the best questions to ask about a property cold calling?

What are the best questions to ask about a property cold calling?

Investor · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello all, I'm brand new to the bigger pockets forums page! I'm about to cold call a lead I got from my father, an investor in Amarillo Texas. 

My father mentioned a few months back that he was talking to one of his old work friends who was also a big investor of rental properties here in Amarillo and that he might be interested in getting out of the business sometime in the near future. 

My question is: What are some of the best questions to ask a seller about an individual property that you're interested in, on the first few conversations you have? If you know very little about the property to begin with.

I would assume, Bed, Bath, and square footage. But I'm brand new at this and I know there is more and more important questions to ask.

Any feedback would be wonderful!

0Reply
27 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    5y

    Bed, Bath, SF, rent, how long the tenant has been there, who pays what utilities, what major items have been repaired what hasn't been repaired, how long is the lease of the tenant, and whatever the seller mentions repeat back to him in a friendly way to show that you're listening.

  • Investor · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Stephen Brown 

    Thank you so much. This is really helpful!  

  • Real Estate Broker · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 872 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Corbin Ruthardt:

    @Stephen Brown 

    Thank you so much. This is really helpful!  

    For sure. Let me know how the seller responds. I've dealt with a bunch of them and I can probably help you out afterwards.

  • Investor · Amarillo, TX · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Stephen Brown

    Absolutely!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.