Brand Spanking Newbie in Fort Worth, Texas

Brand Spanking Newbie in Fort Worth, Texas

Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 17 votes

Hi. I'm new here. And I'm new to real estate. I am interested in wholesaling, possibly rehabbing down the road. I was googling about bandit signs and landed here. I've always felt queasy about them. Then when I invested in learning about wholesale marketing strategies, most say to use them. Well, they're illegal in my area, although I think a neon hot pink sign would be an eyecatcher. I found a great forum topic on them that was very helpful and that is what prompted me to sign up here. Very insightful contributions from both sides. I've decided there are many better ways to market in this day and age, maintaining a professionalism and not getting fined. Looking forward to learning a lot from the community!

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth , TX · Member since 2012 · 211 posts · 152 votes
13y

@Jane George Welcome to the forum. Good choice on foregoing bandit signs in my opinion.

We are having a DFW meetup this month, perhaps you should consider coming.

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    13y
    Jane,

    Welcome to BP the super highway to real estate just start asking questions, and you will get answers.


    Joe Gore
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth , TX · Member since 2012 · 211 posts · 152 votes
    13y

    @Jane George Welcome to the forum. Good choice on foregoing bandit signs in my opinion.

    We are having a DFW meetup this month, perhaps you should consider coming.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    13y

    Chris,

    At the DFW meetup are there going to be any up-sale.

    Joe Gore

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Joe Gore:
    Chris,

    At the DFW meetup are there going to be any up-sale.

    Joe Gore

    NO

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth , TX · Member since 2012 · 211 posts · 152 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Joe Gore:
    Chris,

    At the DFW meetup are there going to be any up-sale.

    Joe Gore

    If Bigger Pockets as a whole is any indication, I would assume no. The whole website was constructed to stop the cheesy back of the room sales pitches and $50,000 seminars.

    I think its more of a local get together where we can put faces with names, network, have guest speakers and talk about all things real estate. I have not yet had the chance to attend, but I plan on going this month if possible.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Jane. Bandit signs are typically problematic, primarily because they are illegal in most instances. Look into direct mail/yellow letters, as a well planned and executed campaign will work.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    13y

    Chris,

    I was at spring creek BBQ yesterday having dinner and a few wholesalers was there I never seen before trying to put deals together without any funds. I just listen while having dinner.

    Joe Gore

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 17 votes
    13y

    @Chris Feltus Thank you so much for the invite! If I wasn't flying out of state that day, I would certainly come. I'll follow you so I can know when future events are happening. Thanks again!

  • Irving, TX · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Our meet up is free, and there is no SALES speeches! We do not allow that! We try to keep our DFW meet up just like BP forums. Free knowledge, great networking, great people, and great speakers!

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86/topics/99740-dfw-network-meeting-sept-27th-7-00-pm

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2012 · 209 posts · 37 votes
    13y

    Welcome to the team, Jane. Look forward to meeting at one of the future DFW meet-ups

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Jane George!

    I don't do any marketing, but I always hear of people having great success with direct-mail marketing. Seems like it would be more fruitful than bandit signs. Like others have said above, there is great information on the subject all over the site!

    Best of luck to you, don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.