which area in FL is great for flipping currently

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 20 votes
10y

Either.  There are 1000 people a day moving to Florida, and it is a big state. So, South Florida has a big population, lots of 2nd home buyers, and retirees so by population there are a lot of units to flip.  Central Florida is growing from being a business destination, and 2nd largest campus in the state, and a huge recreation market from the theme parks. I'm doing business in both. I am flipping Adult community property in the south because my retirees go for the better weather in the south, and I am Buying Buy/Hold in the Orlando area to rent to students and young professionals.  There is a lot of rural property outside of Orlando, so be careful not to end up looking at them.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    We have a guy in our local REIA (SW FL) that said he flipped 60 last year. He has his brokers license.

  • Brooksville, FL · Member since 2012 · 429 posts · 220 votes
    10y

    Whatever county has the most foreclosures is the best place to flip.    So i'd say S florida is by far the strongest market.

  • Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Either.  There are 1000 people a day moving to Florida, and it is a big state. So, South Florida has a big population, lots of 2nd home buyers, and retirees so by population there are a lot of units to flip.  Central Florida is growing from being a business destination, and 2nd largest campus in the state, and a huge recreation market from the theme parks. I'm doing business in both. I am flipping Adult community property in the south because my retirees go for the better weather in the south, and I am Buying Buy/Hold in the Orlando area to rent to students and young professionals.  There is a lot of rural property outside of Orlando, so be careful not to end up looking at them.

  • Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Depends on the county. South Florida's market has a quick turnover rate. However I always let the numbers and details speak for themselves. @Ron J.

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 280 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ron J.:

    is it central or south Florida?   Just curious for inputs from the florida investors.   Thanks. 

    Jacksonville Florida is your spot. The numbers are here unlike most other places. 4/3 good area, $170k ARV... $84k

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2012 · 68 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Thank you all for the input, I really appreciate it.   You investors on here are awesome and I love how we share knowledge to make each other better.   @Lee Scarlett Jacksonville is in the back of my mind also.  Where Is The Best Deals Found Over there, Auctions?  

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    10y

    Hey @Ron J., obviously all the Floridians have an opinion on where the best flips are found!

    What I'm seeing in Central Florida, is that on the majority of REO's, they are basically pricing them at ARV - repairs.

    Perfect example:  I'm looking at a buy and hold right now with a client.

    Purchase price: $65k

    Repairs: $30-35k

    ARV: $115k at the most.

    I'm not saying there aren't good deals to be had, but the good ones go really fast.

    If you're serious about flipping, I would suggest connecting with a good wholesaler.

    @Lucas Machado, @Yasmine Bisumber and @Account Closed's book on flipping houses:

    http://get.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook/

    I wish you all the best Ron.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sunny Isles Beach, FL · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 333 votes
    10y

    @Ron J. when you say "flipping" are you talking about fix and flips or wholesaling? Lately people (in South Florida at least) are using the term "flipping" for both...

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2012 · 68 posts · 7 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Lucas Machado:

    @Ron J. when you say "flipping" are you talking about fix and flips or wholesaling? Lately people (in South Florida at least) are using the term "flipping" for both...

     I'm referring to fix and flips.  I'm looking at the south fl market and it seems extremely competitive and a tight budget for profit.   I'm not do sure about the whole sale market though.  Maybe it's different. 

  • Jeff TumbarelloPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
    10y

    Every area is great if you have the right deal. I try to focus on end user areas with a high percentage of cash sales. Cash end buyers make for easy deals. Its all about the exit (once you buy it right, LOL)

  • Wholesaler · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2010 · 72 posts · 59 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Tumbarello:

    Every area is great if you have the right deal. I try to focus on end user areas with a high percentage of cash sales. Cash end buyers make for easy deals. Its all about the exit (once you buy it right, LOL)

     Exactly. There's no practical limit to the number of viable flips out there- at least I have not met the buyer who was in a financial position to exhaust the opportunities available.

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 280 posts · 53 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ron J.:

    Thank you all for the input, I really appreciate it.   You investors on here are awesome and I love how we share knowledge to make each other better.   @Lee Scarlett Jacksonville is in the back of my mind also.  Where Is The Best Deals Found Over there, Auctions?  

     Hey Ron,

    I'll PM you some details!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.