Gainesville FL meet up

Gainesville FL meet up

Jenn BaronaPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes

I have had several real estate investors, lenders, agents, newbies, handyman and more contact me over the past year and I have always wanted to go to a meet up here in Gainesville (go Gators!!) but based on the conversations we have been having most of us haven't been to one. I am fairly new (3 years) to the real estate world but I would love to meet everyone and see what we can work out with the contact we all have locally. 

I am a Realtor for a large real estate company here in town so I could use the meeting room we have here for place to meet. I don't have any dates in mind as of yet I wanted to get everyones feedback and see if we can come up with a date that fits most. 

Anyone up for meeting? What would be your preferred dates and time? I hope to meet everyone soon. 

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
7y

Hi Jenn, I this gets off the ground please include me. Thanks, Christopher Aubut

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 432 votes
    7y

    There are two meet ups I know of and have been part of for a few years. One of them I am still active whose sole focus is Mortgage Note.

    I think there are smaller groups or individuals (2 or 3)  that meet off the grid, meaning their meet ups are likely impromptu and just not publicized. There are a lot of investors in Gainesville and close surrounding area  and outside the groups I have attended, I don’t see too much other activity. 

    One deterrent is having to pay - those other groups charge $10 per monthly meeting. 

    If it’s purely hands-on investors, like those doing active rehabs or buying to rent, I don’t see them meeting. Or perhaps just don’t hear about it.

    I have read through BP and seen the same investors inquiring about a meet up or just saying they would like to meet other local investors. It might also be timing since people are busy in their jobs/daily lives.

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi Jenn, I this gets off the ground please include me. Thanks, Christopher Aubut

  • Jenn BaronaPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes
    7y

    I sure will.

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    I am also very interested in attending any meetings available.

    Also Daria, what are the two meetups that you know of? Are they available to attend for someone with no previous experience but a desire to learn?

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Im new to real estate but would love to meet up and learn with you all!

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Jenn, Daria, and Christopher, 

    Let's just put a date on the calendar that works and broadcast it to see who can show up. I can do evenings on February 20th, (Daria's note meeting is the 21st), 25th, or any time between March 4th - 8th. I can do lunches as well or we might just have coffee or something to say hi.

    Something that I used to do was host Cash Flow games which provides a cool basis for hanging around and getting to know one another.  

    Let me know what works for you two. I'm excited to meet some fellow investors.

    -John

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 73 posts · 50 votes
    7y

    Have there been any other meetups in the Gainesville area since this thread? I am new to the site and am interested in getting to know some agents and investors in the area. I don't want to waste anyone's time right now since I don't have capital or deals on my plate...I'm trying to learn about the concepts involved - I figure if meetups are happening already I'd love to glean information from them and somehow help out with whoever is putting it together...Happy to spring for coffee one day even!

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    I have not heard of any, but am always game for coffee one of these days!

  • New to Real Estate · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Hey guys, I'm in Gainesville and new to this world. Did a meet up end up happening?

    I'd love it if we could do something like the Should I Rent it? Flip it? Or Run? meetup in Orlando. Once a month, they meet at a property to analyze and discuss the deal. It would be so cool if we could do something like that here (or if we're already doing it).

    If we don't currently have a meetup, I'll just create one. I have not problem starting something :)

    Cheers!

  • Jenn BaronaPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes
    7y

    I posted a while back about having a meet up and I had several people Interested but I never did end up setting it up. It would be great if you would set it up and I would spread the word. 

  • Developer · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    I would be interested in this as well.

  • Jenn BaronaPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes
    6y

    @Clay Kallman we have had several meet ups over the last few months.  We’ve had some informal meet ups just getting together at the WOB in Tioga and we have had some great discussions with Lenders, title companies and other investors. We are planning on meeting up again maybe mid Jan.   @Shawn K Hicks have you figured out a specific date for the next meetup? 

  • Shawn K HicksBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Clay Kallman @Jenn Barona as of now there will definitely be a meeting January 15th. We are waiting to get a tentative head count before posting the location. It’s going to be a very informative meeting and great networking of course. Will keep you posted!

  • Developer · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    great, thanks

  • Shawn K HicksBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Jenn Barona @Clay Kallman

    Investor meeting is set up for Wednesday January 15th starting at 5:45/6 P.M. It'll likely last until 8 to 8:15ish. There's no obligation to stay the whole time. General presentation will be around an hour then general discussion will follow. Some snacks and refreshments provided as well.

    Location 3919 W Newberry Rd Suite 3 Gainesville FL 32607

  • Jenn BaronaPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes
    6y

    I’ll be there! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2017 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Shawn K Hicks looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow.

  • Shawn K HicksBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @John Fifer likewise John. Since it looks like you've got some experience with Commercial Properties,-you're welcome to take the floor a few minutes and present/share any opportunities, knowledge, experience etc you'd like with the group. It's a friendly laid back atmosphere,-but we almost always come away with something of value from our meetings.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Hi everyone! I am new to Bigger Pockets and trying to find others to connect to in the Gainesville area. It looks like I just missed the last meet-up but would love to attend the next one. I am new to real estate investing and currently under contract on our first deal which should be closing in a few weeks. 

  • Shawn K HicksBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 124 posts · 107 votes
    6y

    @Lindsay Diven we'll definitely make sure you get a heads up on the next one. Likely will be on the 29th of January coming up. In the meantime,-let me know if you need any recommendations if anything comes up with the deal you're currently working on.

  • Jenn BaronaPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes
    6y

    @Lindsay Diven you did just miss a great meeting. We have been having get-togethers every other week so the next one should be around the 29th. It’ll probably be more of a casual get together this next time vs a structured meeting like yesterday’s but we switch them up every 2 weeks. We would love to have you join! Welcome to Bigger Pockets if you’ve got any questions feel free to reach out.   

  • Rental Property Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Hello group, if possible I would love to join the next meetup. I’m new to real estate and would love to sit in on  a meeting with you guys if that’s cool

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi - I’m also new to Bigger Pockets and would love to be a part of a real estate meetup. When and where do these meetings typically happen?

  • Jenn BaronaPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 100 votes
    6y
    • We are actually having one on Wed 02/26/20 05:45PM - 07:30PM 
    • Location is for Atlas Title. Meeting in the conference room., 3620 NW 43rd Street, Suite A Gainesville, Florida 32606

    • We would love you have you guys come. 
  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I don’t think I can make it to this one due to a work commitment but will try the next one, thx!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.