Peoria IL Networking

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 5 votes
5y

@Allan Smith

I live about an hour away, but work out of the Peoria area (except working from home due to Covid-19).

CAT still has a fairly large presence in Peoria. Two factories, some offices, suppliers. Also, Rivian is a new electric car manufacturer that is setting up in the old Mitsubishi factory in Normal.

Some bright spots, but not likely to see appreciation that you see in other markets.

See this reply in the discussion

55 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Venky B.Pro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Harbison Welcome to BP. I am a local Realtor and Investor.

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    6y

    I'm looking to buy a home in Peoria, IL 

    Definitely interested in networking. 

    Also @Venky B. do you do property management? 

  • Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Harbison if you want to join our landlord association here in Peoria, IL PM me.

  • Rental Property Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2018 · 79 posts · 56 votes
    6y

    I am an active investor in Peoria and would be happy to connect with you!  PM me.

  • Realtor · Bloomington, IL · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Timothy Harbison I'm in the Peoria/Bloomington area. I'm just starting but would love to connect with you.

  • East Peoria, IL · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I am also new to the Peoria REI world. Would love to connect!

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Hey there!  I'm an investor and a real estate agent located in Peoria, IL.  Would love to connect with you!

  • Chris PorterPro Member
    Investor · Chula Vista, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I am an investor in the Peoria area and would love to connect. 

  • Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 44 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Chris Porter:

    I am an investor in the Peoria area and would love to connect. 

    Chris are you living in Peoria or Chula Vista? Do you have rentals in Peoria, IL currently? If so you may want to join the landlord group there.

    -Steve 

  • Real Estate Agent · Peoria, IL · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Chris - Yes, the landlord group is a great asset to have!  I'm an investor and real estate agent in Peoria and would love to connect.

  • Investor · Washington, IL · Member since 2017 · 51 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    Chris - same here. I have investment properties in the Peoria area and would also like to connect.  

  • Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 44 votes
    5y
    y @Roschelle McCoy:

    Roschelle have you thought about joining the local landlord group? We have just about 500 members and we're based in Peoria. There is no cost to join. ***Edit I see you re already a member!

    -Steve

  • Investor · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Also an investor in Peoria, IL here! I have a small mixed use apartment/commercial property, and another commercial property with 2 office suites. Looking at buying my next multifamily in the next several months. Would love to connect with others in the area.

  • Calvin OzanickBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Janesville, WI · Member since 2017 · 707 posts · 297 votes
    5y

    Timothy,

    I am located a bit north in Rock County, Wisconsin but I would still love to connect. I work with a few Illinois investors who are all interested for many of the same reasons. There is so much growth in this market right now, coupled with the proximity to their market and lower entry costs, it makes a lot of sense to invest here. If you would like to chat about it or just connect, I would love to do so!

    Wisconsin Property Managers4.7412 Reviews
  • Investor · Hanna City, IL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    I’m also an investor in the Peoria, IL area and always interested in connecting with other investors!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Washburn, IL · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Steve Sanchez Hi, my wife and I just purchased a pair of duplexes. Is the landlord group for Peoria on facebook or BP?

  • Rental Property Investor · Washburn, IL · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Timothy Harbison Hey Tim, my wife and I just bought our first 2 duplex in Washburn and was introduced to this site. Love learning about the different strategies for investing and always looking to learn more and pursue opportunities. Would love to connect with anyone in the area/region!

  • Rental Property Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2018 · 79 posts · 56 votes
    5y

    @Scott Forney I bought 12 units in Toluca this year! Drive through Washburn on my trips when I go there.

  • Contractor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Okay Peoria people, I live in Nashville now but I grew up in Peoria for 18 years. I've often thought about investing in Peoria because the properties are more affordable and I still have some contacts from living there that could assist with boots on the ground.

    what makes me very uneasy is the trajectory Peoria is on. Even before cat left, the population was flatlining and growth seemed weak. It just doesn't seem like a great area to invest in. Am I way off?

  • Investor · Hanna City, IL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hi Allan,


    The housing market appears strong currently. I have sold three fix and flip homes this year after only a short time on the market. 

  • High Desert, CA · Member since 2019 · 319 posts · 161 votes
    5y

    If any realtor or wholesaler sees a fix and flip opportunity. I would be interested. 

  • Investor · Hanna City, IL · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hi Trevor I see fix and flips often. Message me to discuss your specific criteria.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Timothy Harbison

    I'm in Clinton, IL. About an hour away. Just bout my first BRRR property. Would love to connect, and definitely interested in learning more about the local RE groups.

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Allan Smith

    I live about an hour away, but work out of the Peoria area (except working from home due to Covid-19).

    CAT still has a fairly large presence in Peoria. Two factories, some offices, suppliers. Also, Rivian is a new electric car manufacturer that is setting up in the old Mitsubishi factory in Normal.

    Some bright spots, but not likely to see appreciation that you see in other markets.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I also have a property that was originally intended as a flip. It is getting ready to sell but I am thinking about just BRRRing it.  Does anyone know a good PM in the area?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.