Paralegal looking to work with real estate firm

Paralegal looking to work with real estate firm

Flipper/Rehabber · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 16 votes

What kind of services could a paralegal working under an attorney provide for a RE office that is helpful beyond notarization of documents and filing? I worked for a comm res wholesaler in Ohio but now I'm in CA and nearly graduated looking for a niche in the job market. Thank you!

1Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dabrielle Stevens:

    What kind of services could a paralegal working under an attorney provide for a RE office that is helpful beyond notarization of documents and filing? I worked for a comm res wholesaler in Ohio but now I'm in CA and nearly graduated looking for a niche in the job market. Thank you!

    Hey Dabrielle!

    This is an awesome question. My attorney partner here in NY just hired a new paralegal. She enters the position with 24 years of prior experience and can handle a file in her sleep.

    One of her value-adds is her contact in the industry. The NEXT value-add is to network (i.e. join local RE groups, RE boards, share her knowledge on the business with local agents and lenders) in order to drive new business to the firm. By building her own 'book of business' she's able to take her skillset and create an additional income stream while growing the firm.

    There is only 1 other paralegal in my entire market that I can think of that is doing something like this.

    Happy to share more info if you're interested... shoot me a PM!

    Best of luck to you!

    Abel
    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.