Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
@Cecile Silver as @Devin Dang mentioned, rent-by-the-room works best if they are self-managed so you can control the house rules AND selection of tenants. The farther away you get from the urban core for jobs and entertainment, it could be a bit trickier to get tenants AND a third-party property manager. If the property is in an HOA, I would also pay particular attention to rules around parking and exterior upkeep so you can control those rules with the potential tenants.
Real Estate Consultant · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 95 posts · 88 votes
4y
Hey Timothy! Bungalow is one in the austin area but also not sure if they reach all the way up to Georgetown.
Is this for yourself? I highly recommend self-managing for anyone living in a rent-by-the-room situation to get the landlord experience and usually after the initial set up, its extremely easy if find great tenants.
New to Real Estate · TX · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 0 votes
4y
I have a question in regards this. If I may ask, I’m currently buying a property in Buda TX will this city be a good area to have a rent by the room opportunity? I’m thinking students, single people moving to Austin, etc.
Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
4y
@Cecile Silver as @Devin Dang mentioned, rent-by-the-room works best if they are self-managed so you can control the house rules AND selection of tenants. The farther away you get from the urban core for jobs and entertainment, it could be a bit trickier to get tenants AND a third-party property manager. If the property is in an HOA, I would also pay particular attention to rules around parking and exterior upkeep so you can control those rules with the potential tenants.