House Hacking for Newbies and Seasoned Investors

House Hacking for Newbies and Seasoned Investors

Realtor · Provo, UT · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 270 votes

I am not the first to say this, but I really believe the best way to start out in real estate investing is through house hacking. Whether you rent by the room or buy a small multifamily property, I think this strategy is THE BEST way to get involved with real estate. The benefits are close to endless but here are the biggest advantages as I see them:

1. Low money down (which opens up real estate investing to everyone)

2. The investor's largest expense is greatly subsidized

3. House hackers enjoy the benefits of homeownership. Tax benefits, appreciation, mortgage paydown, etc.

4. Once you move out the property will cash flow (if purchased correctly)

5. House hackers get a crash course in property management

    I am truly passionate about house hacking and would love to connect and chat about this strategy. Please reach out even if you aren’t local to the Utah market.

    1Reply
    8 views

    1 Reply

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Karl DentonPro Member
      Rental Property Investor · Mansfield, CT · Member since 2021 · 225 posts · 131 votes
      4y

      I agree, had I known this years ago when I purchased my first house I may of considered this but I didn’t aspire to invest in real estate back then. 

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.