What should I bring to a Real estate meetup

What should I bring to a Real estate meetup

New to Real Estate · Industry, PA · Member since 2023 · 65 posts · 52 votes

My name is Alec and I am a newbie real estate investor and I plan on going to a meetup soon and was wondering what all I should bring and questions to ask.

I know that I need to go into the meetup with a specific goal in mind and to not get sidetracked so I would like input on who/what I should seek out or some instances of very successful meetups. 

Thank you!

0Reply
8 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alec Jacobs:

    My name is Alec and I am a newbie real estate investor and I plan on going to a meetup soon and was wondering what all I should bring and questions to ask.

    I know that I need to go into the meetup with a specific goal in mind and to not get sidetracked so I would like input on who/what I should seek out or some instances of very successful meetups. 

    Thank you!

    You have a couple of options. First, understand why you are there. If you are looking for deals, looking for partners, looking for financing, looking for training, etc. Once you have that figured out, you basically greet people and ask what kind of investing they do and then say "tell me about it". Get a name, a phone number, what they do and what their goals are. Your job is to help them fulfill their goals, until you have goals of your own. Make friends, listen a lot, be happy.
  • New to Real Estate · Industry, PA · Member since 2023 · 65 posts · 52 votes
    3y

    @Account Closed

    Thank you so much!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.