Looking For Quality Building Materials at a Deep Discount...Do You Have a Lead?

Looking For Quality Building Materials at a Deep Discount...Do You Have a Lead?

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 344 posts · 276 votes

Hello BP,

I am always looking for ways to save the most money on building materials for my rehabs.  I live in Philly (this is true of most places) and as folks who live in the area may know the Restore is a great place to pick up building supplies at deeply discounted prices.  In the past I have also purchased bathroom fixtures from a liquidation site online.  Great quality product and I purchased in bulk and still have a good inventory to use in the future. 

As great as the resources I mentioned are, the drawback is that the stock is limited and most of the time it is a one and done purchase.  So, I am constantly looking for other places to source materials.

Do any of you have a source(s) for getting good quality materials at discounted prices that you would be willing to share?   As I stated, I leave in Philly, so I am looking for resources in the area, but others would also benefit from hearing from folks around the country.

I am putting a list together so please send me as many resources/ideas as you have and any tips or advice you would like to share.

Thank you all in advance!

Paulette

0Reply
0 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · NW Indiana · Member since 2012 · 833 posts · 197 votes
    11y

    Hi @Paulette Midgette.  Not sure how much this would save you, but sometimes being in a member to a real estate investing club can give you automatic discounts on places like Home depot and such.  You would have to weigh out the membership and discount you get vs the places you already work with.

  • Tujunga, CA · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 48 votes
    11y

    Craigslist. They have a 'materials' section. I love  ReStore too. 

    I go to estate sales and offer to buy whatever they will sell me. Including cabinets and fixtures, tools, etc

    I also look for old buildings being torn down. I got a great set of awnings being torn off an old house this way. I offered the dude tossing them in the dumpster ten bucks or something. 

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 344 posts · 276 votes
    11y

    Hi @Carolina E.

    Thanks for the suggestions/ideas!  Carolina, I do belong to an investment group and I get a good discounts on certain things like kitchen cabinets and not so much on other things like hardwood floors.  Thanks for the reminder to put this on my list.

    Verna, I never thought about Craigslist, silly me.  And I love the other tips as well!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.