Do new colleagues often mistake you by the same (mistaken) name?

Do new colleagues often mistake you by the same (mistaken) name?

Homeowner · Signal Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 521 posts · 70 votes

Not sure why, but quite a few times since I moved to socal, I've gotten colleagues who I've met and gotten to know on a first name basis once or twice before, still call me 'Patrick'! 

Clueless..as its not even remotely close sounding nor even starts with same letter.  does this happen to anybody else? Maybe I've got a twin somewhere heh.

0Reply
3 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2014 · 299 posts · 140 votes
    11y

    @Neil G. Maybe they are making an association of Neil Patrick Harris to remember your name.

  • Homeowner · Signal Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 521 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    associating me with Doogie Howser? ok.. that's memorable! thanks Beth!

  • Investor · Hagerstown, MD · Member since 2014 · 299 posts · 140 votes
    11y

    Haha @Account Closed just thinking that might be the connection.

    I've noticed that sometimes people call me Becky in email communications, even though the name Beth is right there. Although Becky is a lot closer to Beth than Patrick is to Neil! :-)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.