Realistic to sublease rooms at 18 years old? Advice + Tips?

Realistic to sublease rooms at 18 years old? Advice + Tips?

Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote

So I'm 17, and have been learning about real estate and some other topics this summer. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me to start subleasing rooms when I'm 18. I've read some articles online and stuff, but I thought it would be better to post on this forum and see different views. I know I probably need to rent out a place because it's not realistic (or smart - or maybe even possible) to get a loan to buy a home without any credit. I know it won't be as easy as it sounds, but I'm always willing to do things that most people wouldn't stick with. I will need some extra money in case a tenant doesn't pay on time, but what should I know or can I do to start subleasing when I turn 18? 

1Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    May be difficult to convince a landlord to rent you a property right out of the gate.

    I would get a decent W2'd job right after highschool then save up some money and build that credit score.

    After that buy a duplex or quad using an FHA loan then rent the other units out.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.