If YOUR party looses-How will YOU react?

If YOUR party looses-How will YOU react?

Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 0 votes

If YOUR party loses-How will YOU react?

This is NOT meant to start conflict! The below is my personal experience only and I DO NOT expect others to agree! I would like to hear others views and opinions and I would REALLY like to know how others will react if THEIR CANDIDATE LOSES.

For ME, it has been a miserable eight years of dis comfort in MANY ways, in a political sense. I remember the days when I felt society was much less partisan and we could all get along for the most part. For people with STRONG beliefs, having a President that does not stand for your beliefs and values is a MAJOR drag!

I personally believe that Obama will include Republicans in his cabinet and be receptive to reaching across the lines. We ARE to divided as a nation and this could be a FRESH start?

How ANGRY will YOU be if your candidate looses? Can you contain this anger and commit to working on being open minded with others who have different belief systems?

Does anyone here believe that we could possibly work towards a more cooperative and civil Government and society as we move forward?



0
Topic locked
30 views

84 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    David,
    Curious - what are your thoughts into picking up a little pre-election silver to later use to buy more property?

    Tim,

    Do you mean buying precious metals to guard against inflation? If so, I wish I knew more about it.

    Mike - Don't do it! I'm writing in Ron Paul. Stand by your convictions!


    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y

    Mike, You are in a battleground state. Don't waste your vote on a write-in. In your state your vote will actually count!

    I, on the other hand, live in the People's Republic of the Chosenland.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    Come on Matt,

    I thought all votes counted!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:


    Going to commiserate with Mickey, Goofy, Donald and everyone else there who registered to vote for Obama?


    Disneyland is in Orange County. I believe it will be packed with the local McCain voters seeking mouse entertainment as a form of self medication to deal with the reality that we're going to be socialists for the next 8 years.

    California is not always as blue as everyone thinks.


    The funny part is on one point I am actually with MikeOH; go Ron Paul.

    Since Ron Paul will never happen in 08 I feel Obama is the best choice, and that McCain would finish off what Bush started; destroying us completely.

    Strange times we're in: Hey, if we can't completely dismantle the federal reserve, then let's be socialists for eight years! :)

    It took a Carter to get us a Reagan. And it also took a Bush administration to create this interesting dichotomy. The Bush administration messed up so bad it has many free market advocates voting socialist, and not even thinking twice about it.

    MikeOh has great points: The current situation was not caused by free markets. Not at all. I get that. However, without a Ron Paul in place, it wouldn't be free markets with McCain either. It would be more of the last eight years. So I am going with anything completely out of phase with the current administration.

    I think Obama would lead us in the direction of modern day Western Europe, not 1920s communist china. Then we'll kick out the socialist administration and bring in Ron Paul in 2016, and it will be the perfect time to sell our portfolios :)
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by David Peeples:
    Come on Matt,

    I thought all votes counted!


    As a former resident of Cook County, IL I can attest that they do! Often many times......
    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matty M:
    I think Obama would lead us in the direction of modern day Western Europe


    I agree. That's why I'm not voting for him. My good friend from Vienna has already told me what 60% income tax for the working class is like and some folks from the UK have told me what it's like having to turn in your guns to the government for them to be melted down.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    ...and that's exactly the moment that we'll know that the time to FIGHT has arrived. This could easily turn into a revolution! Without an armed citizenry, there is absolutely nothing to stop the government from becoming a dictatorship.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    ...and that's exactly the moment that we'll know that the time to FIGHT has arrived. This could easily turn into a revolution! Without an armed citizenry, there is absolutely nothing to stop the government from becoming a dictatorship.


    All I'm going to say Mike is Biden and gun shows - and you know exactly what I mean. If they get elected, there's a few more in Indiana before Bush's lame duck term ends.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Yes, I know exactly what you mean!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
    Originally posted by Matty M:
    I think Obama would lead us in the direction of modern day Western Europe


    I agree. That's why I'm not voting for him. My good friend from Vienna has already told me what 60% income tax for the working class is like and some folks from the UK have told me what it's like having to turn in your guns to the government for them to be melted down.


    If it was Ron Paul versus Obama I'd be voting for Ron Paul all the way.

    As far as taxes, considering the scale of the mess we're in, I don't mind paying more taxes for the next eight years, and I am still in the rat race.

    The "turn in your guns" thing would suck. I would not want to see our right to bear arms taken away - any rights from the bill of rights. But since our current admin messed up so bad, you and the Nuge may have to stick to bow hunting for the next 8 years :)

    Wait, if I recall corrently, I think Ted Nugent only hunts with a bow. What you're really saying Tim is, "I am not as good of a hunter as Ted Nugent."
    0
    Topic locked
  • Manhattan, NY · Member since 2008 · 801 posts · 61 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by **********:

    YO! Jason...

    How ANGRY will YOU be if your candidate looses? Can you contain this anger and commit to working on being open minded with others who have different belief systems?

    So, Does anyone here believe that we could possibly work towards a more cooperative and civil Government and society as we move forward? :wink:



    You keep asking this but you completely ignore the fact Obama is not a uniter...

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,446291,00.html

    Convince your own party leaders to be open minded and work with others before claiming we don't reach across the isle.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2008 · 296 posts · 7 votes
    17y

    I am very open minded to people who have different beliefs....as long as they express them clearly and are able to back them up.

    I can tell from most of your posts (such as the one quoted) that you say strongly worded things and rarely back them up.

    A cooperative and civil government comes will need the exchange of good ideas as a one of it's many backbones, not empty "drive-by" statements.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    17y

    Flipper,

    Believe it or not, your posts can appear as if you are "baiting" others.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matty M:
    Wait, if I recall corrently, I think Ted Nugent only hunts with a bow. What you're really saying Tim is, "I am not as good of a hunter as Ted Nugent."


    I hunt with a knife. It's called hog dogging where you use dogs and run on foot to hunt wild boar and use the knife to make the kill. You should come with me next time. Might be a chance to meet some of those meat eating women I told you about. Regardless, hunting has nothing to do with the Second Ammendment. And the Nuge carries a pistol and used it to defend a police officer in Florida.

    BTW, I do apologize for automatically assuming your party affiliation earlier. I need to study the libertarian movement some more. I'm finding it interesting the more I hear about it.

    "I would not want to see our right to bear arms taken away - any rights from the bill of rights. But since "

    There are no "buts" in this.
    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Henderson, TX · Member since 2008 · 35 posts · 15 votes
    17y

    I've always been proud and enthusiastic about my right to vote. My first vote was for Nixon quite a few years back. But I'm not voting this time. As a conservative, I don't have a horse in this race. I'm given a choice of a Marxist or another Jorge as president. Pardon me while I puke.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Bartlett, IL · Member since 2008 · 45 posts · 0 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by **********:
    Dan Estrada wrote:

    "Either way, the economy will be bad for a few years.... it's part of the larger cycle....

    If my guy loses Biden was just talking about pushing that BK CH13 crap through that will allow judges to modify loans and reduce principal. This will cause lenders to react, tighten credit, increase foreclosures, and depress the market further. "

    Dan, I have some news for you! Biden has nothing to do with this:

    JP Morgan to Modify Mortgages to Limit Foreclosures

    By Elizabeth Hester

    Oct. 31 (Bloomberg) — JPMorgan Chase & Co., the largest U.S. bank by market value, plans to modify terms on $110 billion of mortgages and forgo foreclosure proceedings on all real-estate loans while the changes are implemented in the next 90 days.

    The offer extends to customers of Washington Mutual Inc., the savings and loan JPMorgan agreed to buy last month, the New York-based bank said today in a statement. Loan modifications may include interest-rate or principal reductions. The bank said it will establish 24 regional counseling centers to provide face-to- face help in areas with high delinquency rates.

    “We felt it is our responsibility to provide additional help to homeowners during these challenging times,†said Charlie Scharf, chief executive officer of retail financial services at JPMorgan Chase. “We will work with families who want to save their homes but are struggling to make their payments.â€

    Just The FACTS! :wink:






    Flipper, Biden was PROMOTING THIS Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Law "change" AT A RALLY LAST TUESDAY MORNING.

    You are confusing VOLUNTARY loan modification with another proposal to allow Bankruptcy Judges to FORCE modifications unilaterally on lenders.

    Check the facts. You are the one that needs a reality check. My statement stands.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 557 posts · 70 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:


    BTW, I do apologize for automatically assuming your party affiliation earlier. I need to study the libertarian movement some more. I'm finding it interesting the more I hear about it.

    "I would not want to see our right to bear arms taken away - any rights from the bill of rights. But since "

    I think you'll like the libertarian position, at least on economics and individual rights. Ron Paul definitely would have changed things up, much more towards free markets and much more in line with what our founding fathers wanted.

    Was the Nuge carrying the gun concealed? I was contemplating getting a gun as I was stocking up on tons of canned food last month - I've been listening to too much Peter Schiff lately.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2008 · 296 posts · 7 votes
    17y

    Again, Flipper, you have managed to skirt the issues I brought up and stick mainly to the insults on me.

    90% of your post that clarified your first post was aimed and calling me 'clueless' and 'ignorant' rather than examining or answering the questions I brought up.

    Sorry man but I don't consider your cheap shots, one-liners and strategically capitalized words real responses.

    But keep up the good work of posting extremely irresponsible statements and then when questioned, attacking the character of the person asking for an explanation.

    As much as you would like to think, the world front is not Candy-Land right now.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    'when the government announces that they are seizing all the guns...

    ...and that's exactly the moment that we'll know that the time to FIGHT has arrived. This could easily turn into a revolution! Without an armed citizenry, there is absolutely nothing to stop the government from becoming a dictatorship.


    EZ MIKE, your losing it! Now we really know how YOU will may react if YOUR party loses! You admitted to being a radical, but that's OVER the TOP!

    Whoa Tiger, we don't want the F.B.I. here!


    Flipper, are you even attempting to read or are you just trying to post nonsense in response to every person on this forum. My candidate (a conservative) will not win today because there is NOT a conservative in the race. As I said earlier, I do not have any reaction to the election no matter the result, except to be sad that our country is moving closer to blatant socialism (which you seem to favor).

    What I did say is that they'll have to pry my guns from my cold dead hands (as Charleton Heston said). We have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms; to freedom of speech; etc and I'm not giving up my rights while I'm still breathing.

    Millions of Americans have fought and died so that we can be free. It is shocking to me that you would give that up without so much as a whimper! If the government decides to take away our rights, I WILL fight for our freedom! Furthermore, I think anyone else that is not willing to fight for their freedom is a coward and a disgrace.

    Furthermore, I'm sure that the FBI agents are sworn to protect and defend the constitution of the United States, so they should be on the side of freedom (with me)!

    Mike

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2008 · 296 posts · 7 votes
    17y

    Flipper,

    I just re-read your post and found that your irresponsible statements have this time gravitated towards referring to me as a racist.

    I encourage you to re-read my post. No where in it have I made reference to 'Killing ALL Humans' or 'that all people are the same'. These are the careless, overly-dramatic statements that I am referring to.

    The way you write is so misleading, it really is a wast of time to respond.

    For instance, you capitalize and quote "NUKE THEM ALL" like you are quoting what I said. Then you follow it up with 'like I'm sure you would like to do'. What is that crap? You saying things like that makes it very difficult for someone like me to take you seriously and would put someone reading your post under the impression that was the jest of my response. I didn't say anything about nukes or even war for that matter.

    I don't hate all people Flipper. I'm sure your Iranian neighbor is a nice guy, and I would probably hang out with him as well over yourself. But if you re-read what I wrote and hold off on the CAPS button for a minute you would see that I wrote, 'spend some time in Iran' and not, 'dig around for a friend from the middle-east and spend sometime with him'. I'm assuming you live here in the states, kind of misses my point. The Iranian Clergy that heads that country celebrates the idea that the holocaust did not exist and have made it a public statement on behalf of their country that the world would be better without jews.
    (Let's word this in a way you would).

    FLIPPER, SO YOU ARE SAYING THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER WITHOUT JEWS?

    Seriously though, do you want to put relations with this government ahead of other issues?

    You called me completely 'clueless' when I mentioned that there are religious groups that want nothing more than to kill me, my family, you, your daughter or anyone on here for that matter. Am I missing something? Are you saying that these groups do not exist? Yes or No? Simply write 'yes' if you think these groups do not exist or 'no' if you weren't claiming these kind of people exist. Calling me clueless doesn't cut it.

    I don't really mean to argue with you all the time, I'm sure are a nice guy. But some of the things your write are completely reckless and annoying. You tell everyone to 'RELAX!' but then you shoot these crazy statements from your him. I think you are the one that needs to relax buddy.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Matty M:

    I think you'll like the libertarian position, at least on economics and individual rights. Ron Paul definitely would have changed things up, much more towards free markets and much more in line with what our founding fathers wanted.

    Was the Nuge carrying the gun concealed? I was contemplating getting a gun as I was stocking up on tons of canned food last month - I've been listening to too much Peter Schiff lately.

    I'll look into it. Any time someone moves the country's veiw of the Constitution back to original intent, I'm certainly for it. The Nuge was carrying concealed and still does as far as I know. If you were to get a gun now, I would suggest a gun show. Private sales between private individuals do not require the same documentation, tax and registration that sales between individuals and dealers do. Joe Biden is trying to change that so that private sales are documented, taxed, registered, etc... but has been unsuccessful thus far.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 340 posts · 34 votes
    17y

    'Twas the night before elections

    'Twas the night before elections and all through the town

    Tempers were flaring, emotions all up and down!

    I, in my bathrobe with a cat in my lap

    Had cut off the TV tired of political crap.

    When all of a sudden there arose such a noise

    I peered out of my window saw Obama and his boys

    They had come for my wallet they wanted my pay

    To give to the others who had not worked a day!

    He snatched up my money and quick as a wink

    Jumped back on his bandwagon as I gagged from the stink

    He then rallied his henchmen who were pulling his cart

    I could tell they were out to tear my country apart!

    'On Fannie, on Freddie, On Biden and Ayers! On Acorn, On Pelosi' He screamed at the pairs!

    They took off for his cause and as he flew out of sight

    I heard him laugh at the nation who wouldn't stand up and fight!

    So I leave you to think on this one final note-

    IF YOU DONT WANT SOCIALISM GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!

    0
    Topic locked
  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2008 · 759 posts · 185 votes
    17y

    What people in America miss out on is the fact that most of the "radical" religious groups are actually a minority group with a majority power.

    Religion is VERY easy to manipulate, place fear in folks, and control people. Especially in countries where common folks have very little else to live for.

    I have been in some of these countries, and I have served in the military, so I feel more than qualified to express my point of view.

    My observations have shown me that MOST humans are all basically the same. We care about our family, our work, and having a decent existence during our short time on this planet.

    It is a poor statement to make in regards to not caring about what other nations think about us. While we would all like to believe that America is this strong, independent nation that is the end of all means, that is simply not accurate, or even possible.

    Just like in real estate, networking and relationships mean everything.








    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Doylestown, PA · Member since 2008 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    POST FROM BANNED MEMBER REMOVED

    0
    Topic locked
  • Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2008 · 296 posts · 7 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by **********:
    I AM OLD ENOUGH TO BE your dad BY THE WAY


    And on that note, I will respectively bow out of this discussion.

    Your points, like the one above, are just too much for me to handle.

    Have a good one Flipper.

    0
    Topic locked