Iran Threat Real or Not?

Iran Threat Real or Not?

Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes

So we found no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and decided to go to plan "B" which was to reconstruct their government. Now we have a possible real threat in Iran. Is it real or is someone crying wolf again? Can we afford action in Iran. What do some of you think? I'd like to know.

0Reply
32 views

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    19y

    Interesting quotes.

    George Orwell Plato Ronald Reagan Jay Leno Dwight D. Eisenhower

    Pray for the troops and seek peace with all men!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    18y

    Being ex-military myself, I applaud you and extend a hearty handshake your way. I want to thank you for a great post. I as you, hate war and have a high respect for all life. I ended my military career because it's not my nature to kill humans except in direct self defense of me or family members.

    As a young man, I knew several individuals (one or two personally), that enjoyed killing. Most of them I met while in the military. I developed the opinion then and still feel like the military would never lack for capable personnel.(killers/warriors)

    Wars have existed since the beginning of time. The problem with the current war is that it's being advertised, merchandised, and politicized. Possesions and political statures are given a higher regard than human life.

    War's are started when individuals want to control the thoughts and actions of others.

    "So long as they don't get violent, I want to let everyone say what they wish, for I myself have always said exactly what pleased me." -- Albert Einstein

    I enjoyed reading your post. Though I might mention....everything comes home to the subject of real estate. People die and homes are bought and sold, people are born, moved, jailed, released, transferred, promoted, demoted, flooded out ect... and the real estate market is affected. Enron goes belly up and the real estate market is affected. Overseas workers recieve large amounts of hazard pay working for Haliburton/KBR inc. and Wifes back home in the states buy tons of real estate.

    Israel and the Children of Esau along with Hagar's children still fighting over inheritence (real estate). While the original heirs to the promises would never have behave in like manner.

    We in the U.S. get involved in an effort to stablize the region and extend the concept of democracy to profit the cause of world economics and globalism. (real estate/oil). We would be truer to our origins if we just called it a day and took the damn oil. At least take enough to fund the 4 to 5 billion dollar a week cost of the war.

    As to the existence of God....In my opinion, it would be rather foolish and presumptious to think everything seen including myself is just happen chance.

    I don't think it's coincidence that the earth travels at the speed of 66,600 miles per hour. Wisdom dictates that it's the number of a man Rev 13:18
    http://www.1worldglobes.com/globe-teach-planet-earth.htm

    Nor do I believe that the phenomona of the Sun's cycle around the Milky Way (lasting more than 225 million years) is not intended to be viewed by some life form at some level of existence. In my opinion not to behold the beauty of this great event would be the waste of a creation to the utmost.

    I would never trust my physical well being totally to a Doctor. (I haven't been sick since 1979)

    I refused to trust the fate of my children's education to the school system.
    (all are college educated)

    I wouldn't trust decisions about eternity to the current mainstream church. Why let another man or woman teach me their beliefs about God. If God be God, I'm sure the one that made the mouth and ears has the ability to speak and hear in a fashion that I can understand.

    So here we are at the clash of two end time ideologies.

    Ideology "A", states "Unless you believe my way, you are an infidel and not worthy of living."

    Ideology "B", says, "I will fight for everyone's right to believe whatever they want".

    What do I believe? I'm like an unnatural branch that has been grafted in and pray for the peace of Israel.

  • Investor · Fayetteville , NC · Member since 2008 · 19 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    WOW!! What a great thread. Great thoughts by everyone. I would just like to add my 2 cents.

    The current Iranian government is dangerous. They support a brand of Islam that seeks to export its rather repressive ideology worldwide by force. It also supports and trains terroists worldwide. If it was in its interest I believe Iran would hand a WMD to a Terroist organization. Covertly of course but the effect would be devistating.

    We (the US) can execute a war against Iran. It would mean shuffling troops around but it could be done. We have more resources than most people realize. What we may lack are the allies to legitimize such an action in the eyes of the world. So in my view military action should be ( as in all situations) a last resort.

    It is true we helped Saddam when it was in our interest. Our greatest failing tends to be taking the high moral ground then falling short of that same high level of morality ourselves. Saddam was not the first dictator to benefit from the idealogical battle with the Soviets during the cold war. It is also true that one of our strongest allies, Great Britain, was once our greatest enemy.

    I think we have entered one of the most dangerous periods in history since the end of WWII. The battle lines are being drawn and for the first time non state agencies have the ability to dramatically shape the world. These very small minorities would impose their will on us all. What is so ironic for the US is that we trained and funded many of the same people and organizations, we fight today.

    If I have to choose a side I would rather be on the side that at least aspires to represent freedom to live, speak, and believe as you choose.

    Also I want to say thanks to all the posters for supporting the Troops. As a currently active duty member of the military I want you all to know it's truly appreciated.

    It's also awesome to see such diverse a diverse group of intelligent people discuss the issues of the day with passion, and yet with respect for anothers ideas.

    Mark

  • York, PA · Member since 2008 · 227 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Steve and Dick,

    Well said.

    As a former Marine I have no issues with what I did. But I would prefer that we (my generation) solve this before it is left to my children. As most of the posters have stated, Islam is not the problem. Its the ten percent who are in control of predominately Islamic states that are creating significant problems around the world.

    Steve ... the path that Ahmadinejad is talking about is described in the Quran. I am not Muslim and therefore have no interest in his path. The issue arises from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's believe that he now has a religious obligation to either convert me to his believe (dhimmitude) or kill me as a heretic. Their mentality measured against the US belief that people can believe what they wish.

    My larger concern is that this conflict is just beginning. While DC politicizes the war, the media continues to define torture as shouting at someone, while our enemies are decapitating people on the internet. No wonder the public thinks we are losing.

    I could go on for hours on this topic, but I'll drop it off here.

    Semper Fi,

    Jason

  • Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    Why can the US (and Russia, China, India, France, Israel, etc.) have nuclear weapons but Iran can't? When was the US planning on giving up it's nuclear weapons? When were any the countries that have nuclear weapons planning on giving up their nuclear weapons? They are not planning to do this. Its simply a case of the nuclear club members wanting to keep out any new members.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 9 votes
    18y

    Wonderful thread fellas I enjoyed every single word of it.
    Keep up the good work :superman:

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.