Going to another "seminar" Renovate to Rent by Pathway Events

Going to another "seminar" Renovate to Rent by Pathway Events

Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 123 votes

I attended the "Flip or Flop" presentation last year,  (of course Tarek and Christina weren't there). Met some people and got a few ideas!

Since I am  in the middle of a rehab to rent, I am going to attend the "Renovate to Rent" seminar in Merced next week.

I haven't seen the show before. I just think it would be interesting to see what they present and to see If I learn any thing new.

At the minimum I think it will be motivational. And they advertised free dinner!

I am leaving the checkbook/cards at home! I have learned so much from BP, that I just don't see the need to sign up!

I will definably share my experience!

0Reply
8 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    10y

    hello can you tell us how the renovate to rent experience went please.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2013 · 844 posts · 350 votes
    10y
  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2014 · 382 posts · 123 votes
    10y

    @Eddie T.

    Hi! It was a typical seminar, telling us how we can make money in real estate, giving little tidbits of advice, but to get the real stuff you had to sign up and pay  I think 300 for a three day seminar later in the month about an hour away.

    From what I recall there was information about investing in the stock market, again giving bits of information on the subject.

    I also remember we did get a free lunch, I did meet a few folks from my area and got some business cards.

    I did not buy any products that were advertised, but there were a few going back to the tables to sign up.

  • Virtual Assistant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    All a SCAM.  Don't spend you money on this and do your research on Pathway Events and their bogus celebrity hosts (HGTV) before spending your money with them for naught.

  • Flipper · Saint Charles, MO · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    i was wondering about the experience as well. I just had an ad pop up in my news feed. What I've learned from these types of events (I haven't been to this particular one) they tell you bits and pieces at the seminar, but most of the seminar is pitch. The pitch usually goes like this...

    For 10k or 15k we will be your personal mentor.

    I find what's best about these events, don't bring your credit cards or check books so you won't be tempted.

    Networking by bringing business cards to the events I think is the best thing you can do. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.