TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at Florida home

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at Florida home

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes

Another "legend" dies. I guess Josh won't be using him to pitch Bigger Pockets.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBIT_BILLY_MAYS?SITE=NVLAS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

:cool:

0Reply
3 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    I actually found this one to be one of the saddest recent deaths.

  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    Oh NO!!!! I cannot take it anymore.....
    First it was Ed McMahon then it was Farrah fawcett, next was Michael Jackson and now... OMG Billy Mays... How could I live without his annoying voice..... :violin:

  • Real Estate Consultant · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2009 · 55 posts · 4 votes
    17y

    I wasn't a big fan of his everpresent infomercials, but the guy was a heck of a salesman who branded himself to the height of a celeb.

    What a shame...

  • Financial Advisor · Tampa Area, FL · Member since 2008 · 956 posts · 214 votes
    17y

    a buddy of mine use to work on his (3) bentleys here....said he was an incredibly nice guy and always in a hurry/busy.
    i'm sad to see him gone. i was just getting into his 'pitchmen' show.

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2009 · 456 posts · 123 votes
    17y

    he had that kind of money?? i never would have thought he made more than like 100 grand at best

  • Financial Advisor · Tampa Area, FL · Member since 2008 · 956 posts · 214 votes
    17y

    apparently he was quite loaded. if you saw his 'pitchmen' show you would get a glimpse. think about it, he got a cut of all of the products he sold. he was in really well with the arm&hammer corp too and word is that he had just signed a big deal with taco bell.

  • Hard Money Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2009 · 28 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    I was sad to hear he died. I liked him way better then the ShamWow guy.

  • Real Estate Investor · South Ogden, UT · Member since 2009 · 33 posts · 0 votes
    17y

    No matter how bad you hated those infomercials. Everytime you heard his voice you would look over and see what he was selling. I would be happy to have a voice like that. Everytime I talked, you at least took a second to listen. PERFECT... Than the millions of people he sold to. What an ICON of the sales world this guy was....

  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    17y

    They still using it even after he death. I saw one yesterday ... The ghost of Billy Mays still makes money

  • Real Estate Investor · Millsboro, DE · Member since 2008 · 480 posts · 26 votes
    17y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.