Not only am I against it....

Not only am I against it....

Real Estate Investor · Wooster, OH · Member since 2009 · 42 posts · 1 vote

I think it's criminal. It will be the direct cause of many, many deaths, especially of the elderly. A man from the British parliament was on tv the other day and stated that in the U.S. a man with early prostate cancer has a 5-year survival rate of 100%, the Britain, with their socialized healthcare, it's 77%. So nearly 1/4 of men with that condition would die.....just because of the stupid, bureaucratic, inefficient, uncaring system.

Yeah, I really want the equivalent of the Dept.of Motor Vehicles deciding what treatment I or a loved one can have!!!

0Reply
50 views

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Pam Marcum:

    Funny, you didn't comment on Mr. Jefferson's quotes.....


    Sorry about that...

    I love Thomas Jefferson...he was a wise man. Here are some more of his quotes:

    ON RELIGION:

    "I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

    "In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty."

    "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

    "Money, not morality, is the principle commerce of civilized nations."

    ON WAR:

    "I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind."

    "Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government."

    "Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it."

    ON DEMOCRACY AND CAPITALISM:

    "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

    "Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

    "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."

    "All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

    "If God is just, I tremble for my country."

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.