Things I like about Obama

Things I like about Obama

Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes

In an effort to be real, honest and fair, I will admit I can think of 3 key things I like about Obama.

1. Credit card reform legislation. This was smart and is, for reasons I don't understand, an underplayed bipartisan victory by his administration.

2. Publicly taking his wife to dinner in New York as he promised. I know this may seem like fluff and I know a lot of people gave him flack for spending the money on the "security" and the "flight" there but the Secret Service security is on salary anyway and is 24/7 presidential security because that's the way it is and should be. Also, he took a smaller plane which saved some cost. Aside from that, this was a good investment into the image of a president that honors his wife and family which is a very good thing. Pictures matter and these pictures sent the right message.

3. Personally pursuing the Olympic bid. I don't think this is the greatest priority right now but as an investor I have to say this is a very smart move. First of all, I have no doubt that some Chicago developers who were his campaign finance backing made some calls and said, "Get over there." Aside from that, were the games to be in Chicago it would bring international interest, investment and development to a city geographically located in the center of the US at a key time when international investment could come in very handy. Again, it's not priority #1 right now...but it's not a bad thing to be pursuing.

There's plenty to ***** about but it bears noting that even leaders you fundamentally disagree with may do some things worth mimicking.

1Reply
79 views

Most Popular Reply

Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
17y

The things I like about Obama:














































































Done

See this reply in the discussion

61 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    [QUOTE]9/11 was a false flag event.

    RIDICULOUS!

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by MikeOH:
    [QUOTE]9/11 was a false flag event.


    RIDICULOUS!

    Are you kidding Mike? This is the first time in history fire has ever melted steel.
  • Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
    16y

    The steel didn't have to melt for the building to collapse. It only had to weaken beyond a certain point, which it did. Plus, it wasn't a campfire-type fire. It was a jet fuel burning-type fire. That burns at a way higher temperature and is enough to weaken the integrity of the steel to that point.

  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    16y

    The truth of the matter is that 9/11 was the making of the Israeli Mossad. They wanted the Americans to be so mad at the Arabs that they, the Israelis, would be allowed to do anyting they wanted... Uhmmm... No actually it was the Democrats...Yea, the Democrats! They just lost the election and wanted to make George Bush look bad. What a trap... but I really think it was the Chinese. No, really... They thought that by inflicting chaos in New York, the stock market would fall and ...Sorry, I'm lost... Who are we blaming now?

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Joseph Ziolkowski:
    The steel didn't have to melt for the building to collapse. It only had to weaken beyond a certain point, which it did. Plus, it wasn't a campfire-type fire. It was a jet fuel burning-type fire. That burns at a way higher temperature and is enough to weaken the integrity of the steel to that point.


    Joe,
    I'm having fun with one of the most historically stupid comments ever to be made....made by none other than Rosie O'Donnell.

    Truth be told, I can show you how to melt steel in a campfire through proper redirection of the wind.

    Tim

  • Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
    16y

    Wow Tim, add science wizard to your resume :) I figured as much, judging by your previous posts. I just wanted to put it out there. You know, throw it against the wall and see if it sticks :)

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    I'm having fun with one of the most historically stupid comments ever to be made...

    Come on, I've heard plenty more-stupid comments...how about this one from George W:

    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

    Hmmm....then again, maybe it wasn't just being stupid... :)

  • Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
    16y

    Man, can't the leader of the free world make a little slip of the tounge once every five minutes? It's not like the whole country was hanging on his every word after 9/11.... :)

  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Joseph Ziolkowski:
    Man, can't the leader of the free world make a little slip of the tounge once every five minutes? It's not like the whole country was hanging on his every word after 9/11.... :)


    A Little slip of tounge???!!! The man could not put two words together without making three mistakes...
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by J Scott:
    Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

    I'm having fun with one of the most historically stupid comments ever to be made...


    Come on, I've heard plenty more-stupid comments...how about this one from George W:

    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

    Hmmm....then again, maybe it wasn't just being stupid... :)

    Tou·ché !!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
    16y

    Roger that, Eddie. Just a bit of sarcasm :lol: Though it doesn't always come through just right on a forum as it might in person.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.