• Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Home Inspector may have botched my deal! Have to be #$% kidding

Ben Visser
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Feb 21 2017, 06:55

Looking at a duplex and have the offer in and accepted. Met the inspector at the house and he went over the report with me and then proceeded to talk with me about his experience investing in that area as well as his experience as a property manager in the area. He confirmed my suspicion that the rents on the house were very low and recommended I raise them by 50%. Awesome! All sounded great and I thought I had found a great inspector to use.

My agent sent over the fix-it requests we had and the owner/agent agreed to fix them, BUT then went on to say how basically that if everything didn't go well with this purchase and she had an out, she'll take it. This is based on her having a conversation with the inspector I hired who told her the same thing about rents. She has been a very absentee landlord and doesn't know the area so she had no idea her rents were so low. She'll keep the house and raise the rents if she gets the opportunity to get out of the sales contract!

Who the hell does this inspector think he works for!?!?!?

I just sent him a friendly email to remind him and told him I expected at least a full refund if this deal falls through now. We've lost power to any negotiation on this deal %&(&#$!

Loading replies...