Realtor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2018 · 29 posts · 2 votes
I am working my through the RE licensee classes. After passing the state exam, I would like to join a brokerage who is investor-minded. What questions should I ask? My goal is to become the investors realtor in the Phoenix area. An agent who knows what investors are looking for.
Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
8y
Hey Leslee,
I was in the same situation 2 years ago and found that SJ Fowler Real Estate sells more multifamily investment properties in Arizona than any other brokerage. I've been with SJ Fowler since and am very happy with my choice. Knowing who all the Investment focused brokerages are now, I would have made the same choice. The friendly/family environment has been a great place to learn how to be an Investor-focused Agent and I can work any type of deals knowing I have a direct line to the DB for when I need answers to new questions/challenges.
If you're interested in scheduling an appointment with the Designated Broker, Steve Fowler, to see if the brokerage would be a good fit I can arrange that.
The simplest answer to the question "How do I find an investor-focused brokerage" is to pick up the phone and call/interview a few. As far as investor-focused goes, I haven't been in real estate long enough to know any that focus on investors more so than common buyers and sellers as investors make up a smaller percentage of the real estate market and a smaller percentage of the money pie vs regular buyers and sellers. You should look into attending a career expo and talking face to face with some brokerage reps and get a feel for how they do business.
I work with West USA Realty and think they're great, but I'm sure anyone else would say the same thing about their brokerage so I'd take such recommendations with a grain of salt.
You'd probably want to know their policies on handling your own transactions. Past that, an investor is still a buyer/seller, but with more market knowledge and the higher probability to pay cash for a property. The biggest difference is the types of properties you'll have to show them and the offers you'll have to make. Regular buyers have no problem paying full price for property they love. Investors will have you writing low/lower offers on every property because finding deals is a very large part of their success in this business.
Real Estate Agent · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
8y
Hey Leslee,
I was in the same situation 2 years ago and found that SJ Fowler Real Estate sells more multifamily investment properties in Arizona than any other brokerage. I've been with SJ Fowler since and am very happy with my choice. Knowing who all the Investment focused brokerages are now, I would have made the same choice. The friendly/family environment has been a great place to learn how to be an Investor-focused Agent and I can work any type of deals knowing I have a direct line to the DB for when I need answers to new questions/challenges.
If you're interested in scheduling an appointment with the Designated Broker, Steve Fowler, to see if the brokerage would be a good fit I can arrange that.
Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
8y
@Leslee Wilson There are several investor minded realtors throughout the valley that either have a brokerage or work for one that works well with investors. There are several who are active on BiggerPockets. The best one that I know of and would recommend is @Jason Moss. He and I partner on serval investor deals. I noticed that you plan on attending the meet up in Mesa next Wednesday. Jason should be there and you can meet him and ask him questions.