Do you give clients a moving day present? A pizza gift card?

Do you give clients a moving day present? A pizza gift card?

Vendor · Wilmette, IL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Does anyone give clients a gift or something nice to make their moving day easier/better?    Or instead of a gift, do you do anything nice like drop off coffee or anything like that?

1Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Central Florida · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 5 votes
7y

I just rented my first condo to a tenant. I provided a gift basket which contained the following: (call me crazy) 

Laundry Basket (new to hold the items and because no washer/dryer in unit but onsite)

Small Tide Pods package (to get that starter load going)

Cascade Platinum package for dishwasher (probably a years supply cost like $10 at Target)

Swiffer new for laminate floors to keep clean ($20?)

Paper Towels (two rolls) ($2-$3 bucks)

Toilet Paper (4 pack) (for when moving people forget the basics during a move)

Hand Soap ($1.79 I think)

Dish Soap ($2.00 or less Dawn)

I spent maybe $60 on all of it max. I was going to add a small gift card for a local grocery store or possibly a pizza gift card. I didn't get the gift card on this one but I will on the next. 

I got a big thank you from the tenant. Let's see how it all goes, the items were basically things that we all forget when moving and it's helpful to have in my opinion.

I plan on doing this for each unit, it's a memorable gift/item and while some people would never provide it, if the tenant stays more than one year the gift pays for itself in my mind!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Central Florida · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    I just rented my first condo to a tenant. I provided a gift basket which contained the following: (call me crazy) 

    Laundry Basket (new to hold the items and because no washer/dryer in unit but onsite)

    Small Tide Pods package (to get that starter load going)

    Cascade Platinum package for dishwasher (probably a years supply cost like $10 at Target)

    Swiffer new for laminate floors to keep clean ($20?)

    Paper Towels (two rolls) ($2-$3 bucks)

    Toilet Paper (4 pack) (for when moving people forget the basics during a move)

    Hand Soap ($1.79 I think)

    Dish Soap ($2.00 or less Dawn)

    I spent maybe $60 on all of it max. I was going to add a small gift card for a local grocery store or possibly a pizza gift card. I didn't get the gift card on this one but I will on the next. 

    I got a big thank you from the tenant. Let's see how it all goes, the items were basically things that we all forget when moving and it's helpful to have in my opinion.

    I plan on doing this for each unit, it's a memorable gift/item and while some people would never provide it, if the tenant stays more than one year the gift pays for itself in my mind!

  • Vendor · Wilmette, IL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    That's awesome - thanks for the feedback!

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    I give furniture sliders.... to protect my floors!

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    I give them a bill for first months rent ..and then I’m happy

  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 72 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    I do leave behind: Toilet paper in each restroom, a roll of paper towels and a bottle of spic and span. When I was a tenant, those where my most frustrating things to have to find in moving boxes.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.