Do landlords have a national group that lobbies in Washington

Do landlords have a national group that lobbies in Washington

Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 22 votes

I have property in several states now and for that reason my usual a-political self has become more attuned to anti- landlord state/local legislation.  Subjects like rent control and vacancy control, and anti short term rental legislation keep me stirred up. 

 I started looking for a national group that represented the rights of the landlord but have not found any.

It seems to me that the national AFFORDABLE HOUSING SHORTAGE is being laid on us.  Since social services can not find housing in many areas and can’t or won’t pay the rising rents we need our rents controlled.  NY state is looking at widening rent control to northern municipalities. 

 El Dorado County NV is stopping short term rentals IN SOUTH LAKE TAHOE residential areas. 

San Diego County is eliminating short term rentals in its Coastal Zone by using Sacramento lawmakers to circumvent the local voting process. 

It goes on. 

So if you are aware of an advocacy group that is national and political with a lobby for landlords please forward a name .. 

0Reply
8 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    They tried to beat us, and in some cases, have.  Now, Marriot International if moving into - you guessed it - Short term vacation rental homes.

  • Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    I just know there are meetings in the big (and small ) hotel and casino chains on how to profit and stop the little guy who has become a nuisance. I am in Incline Village with a STR condo and I feel like a sitting duck just waiting to be picked off.

  • Roanoke, VA · Member since 2014 · 404 posts · 203 votes
    7y

    @Deanne Bourne https://www.naahq.org/advocacy

  • Investor · Concord, CA · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    Perfect. Thank you. Now what I read is really worrying me on that website 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.