Free knowledge

Free knowledge

Residential Landlord · Kailua-Kona, HI · Member since 2012 · 111 posts · 15 votes

It came up a while ago that there are free college classes available from places like Stanford and MIT. There are new ones coming out now in video format which until now had been a short coming with MIT (text and pdfs). Game theory is always fun.

http://www.class-central.com/

I also have found these to be an amazing (and free) experience :

http://oyc.yale.edu/

... and you can say you watch astrophysics on your lunch break. It's a great way to get familiar with subjects you know little about.

6Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
14y

I was actually an astrophysics major in college until I switched majors after I did not want to get my doctorate. My professors favorite quote was "now using basic elementary calculus, you can see how I got this answer." Of course, I was lost the whole time...

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Does anyone know of other good sources of finance, economics, or real estate knowledge in streaming course format like what Yale OCW offers? The MIT site doesn't appear to have very much streaming for free.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles/Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2011 · 102 posts · 14 votes
    14y

    Check out itunes U. You can download the app and have access to a great compilation of courses from around the world, including Cambridge, Oxford, Yale and Columbia, among others. Lots of business, economics and tech classes-along with liberal arts classics of course-are readily available. Shiller has an economics class posted there, and a considerable amount of his coursework is focused on real estate. Khan Academy also has courses posted.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.