Rental Property Investor · Port Saint Lucie, FL · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 10 votes
I should start off by saying that I work for a large commercial real estate investment firm and they have given me the task of setting up an incentive plan for employees of our firm to partake in some of their real estate investments.
I am trying to wrap my head around the concept and figure out the first step to take in getting this type of incentive started. Obviously, there is a giant legal issue to discuss but wondered if any of you have been involved in this type of structured deal geared towards employees?
It almost seems like profit sharing except each employee would actually have part ownership in a piece of real estate...
Thank you in advance for any insight into this idea.
Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y
Hold do you hold your investments? If they're TICs then you're just selling them shares, right?
I guess it's not an issue unless you get 100 owners on a property. You only need 1 to sign a listing, but all 100 need to sign to close, so you may want to ask how that'll be structured. Getting 100 people on the same page is near impossible.