Winston Salem, NC Meetup

Winston Salem, NC Meetup

Daniel JohnsonPro Member
Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes

Hey folks in Winston Salem, Kernersville, High Point areas. We had a couple of false start meetups in Winston Salem last year during COVID, but I have been attending meetups in Asheville and am inspired to get one going in Winston Salem. So, I looked at the last thread and have pulled out folks that might be interested. I am going to go ahead and put something on the calendar, and let's see how the date works for everyone else! July 22nd at 7 pm --- Radar Brewing Company in the Industry Hill area of WS. Tagging a few people. Will be creating an event on the BP calendar as well.

@Brad Collins@Bradley Fulp@Alex Ritter@Katie Lamb@Matt Moger@James Allen@Stephen Diakos

11Reply
121 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 19 votes
5y

@Daniel Johnson, I had this on my list of things to do this week, thanks for getting the ball rolling! July 22nd should work for me - see you then.

Tagging a few others who may be interested:

@Christian Longacre, @Maurice Smith, @Jaime Tineo, @Alex Ritter, @Haverty Matondo, @Mark Linder, @Julia Collins

See this reply in the discussion

53 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    5y

    Hey everyone- here is a link to this month’s meetup: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    • Rental Property Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Daniel Johnson:

      Hey everyone- here is a link to this month’s meetup: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

      I really want to attend these. Any chance you might schedule one for a Thursday night one month? Wednesdays don't work for me. Just thought I'd ask :)
  • Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Hey @Nathan Faucett - not at the time, we're pretty focused on Winston Salem at the moment! Specifically in the Ardmore, West End, and West Salem areas for multi-family units. I did live in Greensboro for 7-8 years and there is some great stuff there - I was in the Lindley Park area at the time.

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    5y

    Hey @William Wilson - will certainly ask the group what they think! I’m not set in stone for Wednesday nights, so if it still works for most, I think we could give it a try.

  • Rental Property Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Johnson thanks! Hope to see you soon!

  • Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    We had to miss the August meeting, but are looking forward to the September one! Is this the best thread to get info for that? We've had to miss the last couple so I want to make sure I get it on my calendar and schedule around it this time. Thanks! 

  • New to Real Estate · VA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Johnson I am also interested in attending as I am starting up my investment adventure in the triad area. I plan to visit the area next month to get ground knowledge and would love to meet others investing in the area at the next meet-up. I am curious, how have the previous meet-ups gone, any particular topics the group focuses on? Best wishes to all!

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    5y

    @Michelle Kline - We are going to go for the last Thursday of the Month. In September, this will fall on September 30th. We will meet at Radar Brewing at 7 pm. @William Wilson - take note of the Thursday date!

    @Jeremy F. - We would be glad to have you! The last few, we are just keeping it casual, just networking with each other and getting to know one another. At some point, I anticipate we will try to break up into groups and have topic based discussions, or have folks share their investing experiences.

  • Rental Property Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Johnson Awesome! Thanks for including me. I've got it on my calendar!

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Thanks All. Had to miss the last one, but hope to make it to the next one. 

  • New to Real Estate · VA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Johnson This sounds great, I have it on my calendar as well. Appreciate the invite.

  • Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Awesome, we will be there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Johnson are we still having a meet up tomorrow night?

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    5y

    @William Wilson - Yep! 7 pm at Radar Brewing. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    Hey Everyone! I'm nudging this thread to remind everyone we have a meetup scheduled for tomorrow evening at Radar Brewing. If it is rainy or cold, we will take it inside and grab some tables to the right of the bar. More info here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Hello everyone I have missed the last few meetings. I was just checking in to see what was the plan for Nov. and Dec. I have a friend and family member interested in coming. I know these months are normally busy with family commitments just wanted to get it on my calendar if we were still having a meeting.
  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    @Oman Hattley - good call on the date conflicts. I was thinking we look at adjusting the date, as well as the venue. Last meeting was quite loud, since there was a band and we were forced inside by the rain. Here is the plan for November. Let's move the meeting to Nov. 18th, 7 pm at Fiddlin' Fish Brewing. It is around the corner from where normally meet, the address is: 772 Trade St NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27101 --- I'm going to put a new event up here on BP, but look forward to seeing everyone that can make it to our adjusted meeting date!

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    Here is the meetup page: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    Letting everyone know, we have a meetup planned for December at Fiddlin' Fish Brewing, take a look here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/... 

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Any meetups for January?  I just moved here and would love to meet like minded folks. 

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    Hey @Cody Brown! We would love to have you at our next meetup. I actually just posted the event here on BP. Here is the link: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Look forward to seeing you there!

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Awesome!  Looking forward to it. 

  • Daniel JohnsonPro Member
    OP
    Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
    4y

    Quick reminder, the meetup is tonight. If you’ve thought about coming out, go ahead and do it. We will have a great time tonight. Fiddlin’ Fish @ 7 pm on the outside patio. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Hello! Looking for neighborhood recommendations. Winston-Salem area or near buy (+/- 30 minutes). 

    We are relocating a family member closer to family. I am not going to get any rents out of this deal so looking for appreciation potential. SFH move in ready. Around $225,000 or less preferably build after 1980. TIA

  • Contrarian Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 219 posts · 174 votes
    4y

    Margo, I would recommend Clemmons, Lewisville or Pafftown areas

  • Member since 2022 · 16 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Hi there folks - we are OOS investors been looking at starting our investing journey in the Triad region, specifically Winston-Salem. A meetup sounds great! Would be awesome to network with investors and learn more about the markets.

    Any chance you guys ever do one virtually where others could join in? Just thought i'd ask.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.