Any suggestions for Landlord Insurance in Tx??

Any suggestions for Landlord Insurance in Tx??

Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 7 votes

I'm collecting quotes for Landlord Insurance on a duplex in Fort Worth.  Does anyone have a recommendation based on experiential quality/cost?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 104 votes
8y

NREIG.com they are a forum sponsor, or have been in the past. Located in St. Louis. They insure all my properties here in Cincinnati, ohio

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 104 votes
    8y

    NREIG.com they are a forum sponsor, or have been in the past. Located in St. Louis. They insure all my properties here in Cincinnati, ohio

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 179 posts · 71 votes
    8y

    Farmers.

  • Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 177 votes
    8y

    I’ve used Allstate for years and never had a problem. Here is my agents information.

    Allstate Insurance Agency Lin Agency, LLC, Austin, TX

    8516 Anderson Mill Rd

    Ste 107

    Austin, TX 78729

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @David Hildebrandt, ever had a claim with NREIG?  There's a thread on here somewhere about them not paying a claim.  It got very ugly.   Just wondering?  I know that you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.  Cheers!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 361 posts · 394 votes
    8y

    I also use Allstate for my properties here in Austin. I use realprotect for my properties in Kansas City. I recommend you get multiple quotes.

  • Investor · grand prairie, TX · Member since 2012 · 84 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    farmers insures mine

  • Investor · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I use Progressive (American Stratigic Insurance) and have had 2 claims so far for roof replacement due to storm damage.  Only issue is for properties over 35 years (please confirm specifics on years) they do not offer recoverable depreciation on your roof.  So if this is an older Duplex you may want to take that into account. 

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 104 votes
    8y

    @Jeffrey Bland I have never had a claim sir. Hope to never have one. Although I am unsure as to why "they" wouldn't pay as NREIG isn't the actual insurer.

    I imagine for every insurance company there is are at least 1000 of people who felt they should have been compensated and were not.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.