HOUSTON - Looking for newbie investor - 90 days goal

53 Replies

Hello BP, 

I am looking for 1 or 2 individuals that has the same level of interest and motivation in real estate investing. My goal is to buy my first rental property within 90 days. I want to look for someone that has never done any deal and share the same goal with me. We are going to share our knowledge, help each other and be each other's accountability partner to push one another. 

I joined BP 3 years ago. I have been listening to podcasts, audible books and learned a ton but the main thing is that I never take action. I have wasted 3 years and this is the time that I need to step up and do something. So if you are in Houston and have the same mindset, lets connect and help each other grow. 

@Mitchell Benson I would love to if you don't mind. The reason I am asking for newbie investor is because I havent done any deal, asking to partner with someone who has done deals may portrait me as wanting to learn for "free".I'm trying to educate myself and hopefully at some point I can find a partner where I can contribute my part to the relationship!

Duy, still looking for a new investors in Houston? I haven't done a deal, but already partnered up with a friend. I think we should stay in touch and share our experiences and challenges before, during, and after the first deal, so even if we don't do the first one together maybe we can learn from each other. 

@Duy Nguyen

Don't be afraid to "use" more experienced investors, you will get more efficient results, and the experienced investor will get the benefit of helping you out, creating a possible partnership with you, or just helping each other out in the future.

Good luck!

I see that makes sense. 

I would have partnered with you but I'm moving to Tacoma in 7 months,  so I'm not sure if it will be a good idea for me to buy a place now, but instead I rented a $900 apartment and will Airbnb it, trying to create some passive income.

Originally posted by @Meir Greenblatt :

I see that makes sense. 

I would have partnered with you but I'm moving to Tacoma in 7 months,  so I'm not sure if it will be a good idea for me to buy a place now, but instead I rented a $900 apartment and will Airbnb it, trying to create some passive income.

Thats awesome. Good look on your relocation! Thanks for all the tips 

Originally posted by @Joseph Brasile :

I will be moving to Houston mid October harris county I'm also looking to find a buy and hold. What area in Houston are you looking into?

I am in SW Houston. Hit me up on BP, we will meet up and share some information. Looking forward to meeting you

Originally posted by @Jeff Harrell :

@Duy Nguyen

I am also new to flipping but have experience in remodels and some new construction. Let's see how we can help each other.

Thats awesome, I may need your help on getting estimates on rehabbing a home. Are you in Houston area? If so lets grab a cup of coffee over the weekend to talk about it. 

Originally posted by @Duy Nguyen :

@Mitchell Benson I would love to if you don't mind. The reason I am asking for newbie investor is because I havent done any deal, asking to partner with someone who has done deals may portrait me as wanting to learn for "free".I'm trying to educate myself and hopefully at some point I can find a partner where I can contribute my part to the relationship!

Great post and good we are taking the initiative to ask. 

I think it is ok to ask even from those we have done deals, so far you are NOT being a Value Leech, but adding Value in return, I think it can be a WIN-WIN situation. 

We like the Houston market. It has been overlooked by many investors in the past, but it is definitely becoming a strong market. 

Good luck!

I live in the OC in California. I'm looking to invest out of state and Houston is one of them. Though it may be difficult to meet in person, I'd love to still connect and get your opinions on the Houston market. 

@Sandra Habiger

Yay! Thank you that is very cool.

It will make my transition much easier.

I will let you know whenever next time I come to visit my girlfriend there.

@Meir Greenblatt Hey question, how’d you find a landlord that let you rent there property for AirBnb? I’ve been looking for properties to rent for past 2 weeks to do the exact samething but most of the properties are owned by a management and most managements are not open to having there unit being used for AirBnb. If you have any advise or know anybody with property that’s open to the AirBnb business model please contact me.

Thank you,

Glad to see you taking action, @Duy Nguyen !

Hit me up if/when you're ready to make offers on any properties on the MLS. I also network with a ton of wholesalers, so if you are looking for something specific, shoot me a message with your criteria. I'll keep my eyes out! The market is RED HOT right now - everyone's snatching up every property that is even remotely profitable as a rental. Keep looking, but don't get discouraged if you don't find anything right away. It depends on your acquisition strategy (cash, hard money, private money, or conventional).