Vermont REIA

Vermont REIA

Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes

Hey,

I'm reaching out in hopes of finding some fellow Vermonters who are part of this wonderful world of BP. I've been waiting anxiously to get involved in the Champlain Valley REIA, but the last two meetings have been cancelled due to low attendance. Are there any Vermont Investors interested in getting together for a meet and greet outside CVREIA? If so, message me on here and we can figure out a plan.

Thanks,

jay

2Reply
448 views

Most Popular Reply

Graham MinkPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Stowe, VT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 27 votes
12y
I'm in VT and I would love to get together with other Vermont Investors. Feel free to contact me if you find more people to get together.
See this reply in the discussion

151 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Montpelier, VT · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    If you find one let me know!  I'm new to the area and am looking into investing in the Montpelier area. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Montpelier, VT · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Also looking for an active REIA in Vermont!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Hey All,

    Been absent from the forums for awhile but I'd be down to try and get a zoom meetup with a few people. Anyone have a paid account that could set up a room? If someone can host it, would Thursdays at 7 for an hour or so work for most people? Depending on the level of interest it may make sense to do a couple meetings split by geography, but time will tell. Hope everyone is safe and healthy days!

  • Developer · Upper Valley, VT · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Amber Walsh thanks! I’ll give them a shot.

  • Investor · Chittenden County, VT · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Jay Mitiguy I’m definitely interested!! I could make the Thursday at 7 timing work. Unfortunately, I don’t have a paid zoom account. Could google hangouts be an option? Just need a gmail account to join.

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed Awesome! google hangouts is good with me. Never used it but can't be too difficult to set up, I imagine. Any other takers? We can start up a week from today if we get enough folks to participate.

  • Developer · Upper Valley, VT · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    Count me in!

  • Investor · SC NC, VA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    5y

    hi folks, cant you host a free zoom account for up to 100 folks?  You're limited to 40 minutes, however.

  • Investor · Chittenden County, VT · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Mark H. Porter yes! You’re right it boots you after 40 minutes and you can actually rejoin from the same link immediately if you wanted to stay on longer! Good call!

  • Rental Property Investor · CT · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey folks - I'd be interested in joining. Aspiring investor and primarily looking to invest out-of-state but would be good to expand the local network and get a sense for what people are doing in the VT market. 

  • Rental Property Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Hey all,

       I have a duplex in Burlington and am developing a small chunk of land in Morrisville VT. I'm in for a meetup next Thursday as well. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Vermont and New Hampshire · Member since 2019 · 117 posts · 78 votes
    5y

    I would LOVE to be a part of a Vermont REIA. We have 2 investment properties in Southern Vermont and actively looking for our next property (maybe 2).

    I am down in Brattleboro, but would gladly do Zoom but also would be totally down for traveling!  I've been wanting to do this for YEARS

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Burlington, VT · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Hello Fellow Investors!! I was running a fairly active REI networking group in the Burlington area prior to the pandemics grand entrance. I have an colleague with a paid zoom account who would likely be happy to host us all. I've hosted on Google Meet a lot over the last few months, and honestly, Zoom is just a much better platform. I'd love to connect with all of you!

    Please DM me your contact information and I'll add you to my email list for meetings - and I'll see if @Donal might be available to host us all next Thursday night at 7pm (Thursday, November19th) If not, a google meet would be great and I wouldn't mind putting it together and linking in my other investing group members :)

    Renae Bouchard

  • Investor · Chittenden County, VT · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Renae Bouchard thanks for sharing! I’ll DM you my contact info!

  • Investor · Westchester, NY · Member since 2014 · 96 posts · 57 votes
    5y

    Just stumbling upon this thread.Please add me. We love the VT market and have been active in southern VT and NH for the last 5 years. Currently around 60 units in that region and always looking to grow.

  • New to Real Estate · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Yes, I’m in for a zoom call.  I would love to join a zoom meet up.  I also have a paid account. November 19 @7pm

    I’m in

  • Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Jay Mitiguy I would love to join a video call on a Thursday night 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chittenden County, VT · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Renae Bouchard I'll be 15-30 minutes late to the meetup, but count me in! Also, I'm 90% sure we grew up on the same street in Bow, NH? I just sent you a PM. Small world!

  • Investor · VT · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    @ Jay 

    @Jay Mitiguy you can add me to the list for tomorrow! 

    @Emanuel Eyssallenne I also live in Hartford - hope to see you on the call!

  • New to Real Estate · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Keith Richardson hey neighbor! Looking forward to seeing you, too

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I've been lurking on BP for a while and am about to close on my first duplex in Burlington. Seems like I just missed this online meetup, but would definitely be interested in the next one! @Renae Bouchard @Jay Mitiguy.

    Some background: My long-term partner and I have been working and living in expensive places on both coasts over the last 5 years so real estate has always seemed out of reach. With the pandemic and the change to remote work we took the opportunity to move to Burlington, as it combines great access to the outdoors with a nice walkable city center and generally good vibes. We love living here and have been checking out multi-family deals since the financials looked pretty good (especially compared to where we used to live). We're about to close on Nov 30th on a duplex near downtown Burlington.

    In terms of REI, we're okay taking it slow, as we still have full-time jobs that we like and are well paid, and are mainly seeking real estate as a way to diversify some of our savings and generate passive income. My main concern right now is building a network of professionals that can help us manage the property (contractors, handyman, lawyers, etc.), as we have limited connections here and are new to real estate.

    Looking forward to get to know some of you and navigate this market together! Stay safe out there.

  • Rental Property Investor · Essex Junction, VT · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Hey Gerrit.  Welcome to VT.  It's a lovely area.  A great balance of a small city and 30min of driving to be out in the woods.  Good luck with your closing.  

  • New to Real Estate · VT · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hello!

    I'm living in the Burlington area right now but interested in more of stowe, waterbury, Morrisville area and maybe Montpelier and Barre for investing.

    I'm just getting started in real estate investing, doing lots of research, and looking for my first property. I'd love to meet up or connect with some folks in the area.

  • Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    I am planning on investing in Vermont too! Would love to join an online REIA.

  • Patrick GiblinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 26 votes
    5y

    @Tom S. Let me know about this group and want to jump in as well.

    Starting out, living in Burlington and looking for deals in greater Burlington, as well as out of state in Milwaukee and Minneapolis as I lived in the midwest for a while before returning to VT two years ago. Have lived in and out of Burlington since going to UVM and graduating in 2008.

    I work as a therapist for a home health company and looking to real estate to diversity my investments portfolio and generate cash flow in order to give me and my family options in the future in regards to how we want to spend our time.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.