Vermont REIA

Vermont REIA

Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes

Hey,

I'm reaching out in hopes of finding some fellow Vermonters who are part of this wonderful world of BP. I've been waiting anxiously to get involved in the Champlain Valley REIA, but the last two meetings have been cancelled due to low attendance. Are there any Vermont Investors interested in getting together for a meet and greet outside CVREIA? If so, message me on here and we can figure out a plan.

Thanks,

jay

2Reply
444 views

Most Popular Reply

Graham MinkPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Stowe, VT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 27 votes
12y
I'm in VT and I would love to get together with other Vermont Investors. Feel free to contact me if you find more people to get together.
See this reply in the discussion

151 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Graham MinkPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Stowe, VT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 27 votes
    12y
    I'm in VT and I would love to get together with other Vermont Investors. Feel free to contact me if you find more people to get together.
  • Rental Property Investor · Brookline, MA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 777 votes
    12y

    Hi @Jay Mitiguy 

    I'm originally from Brandon and own two properties in Rutland. I'm not up in Vermont on a regular basis, I'm Boston based, but would love to know when these meetings occur to see if I could squeeze into one. 

    From a pure marketing point of view, it looks like your local REIA needs a champion. Gather a great core and make sure those folks are around on a regular basis. We attend those meetings for contacts and advice. Make sure there is a reason to attend for everyone :)

  • Investor · Williston, VT · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I will be in my VT property during July, It would be great to talk business with someone in the area.

    Ralph 802-922-6675

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    @Graham M.

    I would definitely like to get together with a group to do some networking. I'm still new to real estate investing, and would welcome the opportunity to assist a seasoned veteran to learn more about the business. Let me know what your schedule looks like, and if you know of anyone else interested in sitting down.

    @Aaron Montague

    I believe the meetings are held quarterly, but the last two have been either postponed or cancelled. I submitted my application for membership to them so I can begin networking with the associate members outside the meetings, but I've yet to hear back. It's only been a day or so since that happened, so I'm not getting my panties in a wad about it yet. Based on my experience thus far, I would agree with your comment about finding a stronger core and giving them incentive for attending. From what I've read on BP, REIA's are a vital tool for any professional RE investor, and I look forward to participating in one.

    @ Ralph Jensen

    When exactly are you coming up, and where is your property? I spent a few years down in your neck of the woods as well. I lived in Conway for a year, and then graduated from UNC Wilmington. Little River is a great spot!

  • Investor · Essex Junction, VT · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I am a new investor, seeking out my second property in Vermont. I'll gladly attend this meet to network and share with other investors. 

    Located in Essex Junction  and have a connection with some developers in the area. 

  • Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    11y
    Hello, I live in Burlington, I'm 17 and really interested to learn more about real estate
  • Specialist · Essex Junction, VT · Member since 2015 · 279 posts · 67 votes
    11y

    @Jay Mitiguy

    Sorry I missed the last meeting... Would love to attend the next one.  Is there a date set for that?

    Thanks @Account Closed for the mention. : )

  • Investor/shop owner · Chester, VT · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    I'm in Southern Vermont and would love to attend a meeting. It seems that the market in Vermont really varies throughout. We currently own on multi unit and would love to invest in another :)

  • Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2016 · 110 posts · 59 votes
    10y

    hi jay , 

    did you ever get an investment group put together ? i love talking shop with others about real estate expieriances . 

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Hi All,

    @Ashley St. Gelais, @Account Closed, @Krystina L., @Peter Amour

    Sorry I've been MIA on the forums here! We do have a formal REIA now that meets monthly on the first Tuesday of every month. We just changed venues but we try to keep it located either in Waterbury or Colchester, to keep it as centrally located as possible. For those of you that listen to the podcasts, Graham Mink helped me and another friend organize it all. Tonight we are meeting in Waterbury at 6pm and have an attorney coming to speak about corporate entities for real estate. Feel free to email directly if you want more information. Or better yet you can email Reuben Stone to get on our email list. His info is on his BP profile. Thanks!

  • Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2016 · 110 posts · 59 votes
    10y

    well i have been in real estate a while , but new to bigger pockets . i am still out of the country for a few more days so i will miss this one .

  • Investor · Lyndonville, VT · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    I would love to attend any real estate groups/meetings to network with other investors in VT. My partner and I currently own two duplex's in the St. Johnsbury area and we are looking to expand. Do we have to register for the existing REIA meetings on the first Tuesday of every month or can we just show up?

  • Investor/shop owner · Chester, VT · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thank you for keeping me on this list, I'll mis this one, but hope to make one in the later spring or summer if there is another. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Jay Mitiguy  Thanks for organizing this and I'll look into getting on the mailing list.

    Greetings Vermont investors!

    - Tom

  • Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 76 posts · 38 votes
    10y

    I too would like to hear more about the group! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Milton, VT · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 36 votes
    10y

    I also have a REIA group that meets monthly in South Burlington. I can't give you the details due to forum policies however you are welcome to PM me for details.

  • Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 38 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    @Jay Mitiguy @Graham Mink

    Does this group still meet?  Would like to compare notes sometime.

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Hey @Christopher Fougere. We haven’t met in a while but I think we’re due for a meeting at some point. We’ve all been pretty busy scaling our businesses and this kind of went to the wayside. In the mean time, if you ever want to grab a coffee or have an informal meeting with a few of us, I could make that happen. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Saratoga Springs, NY · Member since 2017 · 51 posts · 16 votes
    8y
    @jay mitiguy How’s the rental market in Rutland VT? I recently heard that VT is one of the top states that has people leaving. I currently live in Saratoga Springs NY and the prices here are insane. Ive looked at some multifamilies in Rutland and they seem much more affordable and cash flow great but I know nothing about the demand there for rentals. Where I live in Saratoga, the demand for rentals is extremely high causing $450k duplex’s 😭
  • Rental Property Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Is this group still active? I live in Richmond and own property in Burlington but looking to expand outside of Champlain Valley. Would be great to meet some other investors in the area and share notes!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    @Jake Marin

    Hey Jake - The group isn't very active any more on an official basis, but several people still get together occasionally for a drink or round of golf. One of my business partners and his wife (also a good friend of mine) live in Richmond and invest in Burlington. @Blair Knowles

    When I'm in VT, I'm usually available to grab a coffee or beer and talk. Let me know if you want to get together at all.

  • Real Estate Agent · Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 46 votes
    7y

     Hi @Jake Marin thanks for saying hi to the group. @Jay Mitiguy we should all still get together...but alas time marches on and lives change. We could all do a round of drinks at the hatchet some night this week and meet Jake? Although Jake, I am not sure how much use I will be to your current topic of interest. All of my and my husbands properties are in Chittenden and Franklin County. Jay has done more out of area stuff. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the quick responses @Blair Knowles and @Jay Mitiguy. I’d love to set a date for getting together for a beer! Any chance that Wednesday March 13th would be a good day? That Friday could work as well. Hatchet would be great for me since it’s right down the street, but would be open to anything. Is there a small group we could pass along this invitation to? Super informal, just a great VT beer with some “colleagues”?

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    @Jake Marin@Blair Knowles

    I may not be around on 3/13, but if I am, I'd be game for a drink. We can also invite some of the group we keep in contact with regularly.

  • Rental Property Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Jay Mitiguy when are you going to be around? Just throwing out dates. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.