Vermont REIA

Vermont REIA

Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes

Hey,

I'm reaching out in hopes of finding some fellow Vermonters who are part of this wonderful world of BP. I've been waiting anxiously to get involved in the Champlain Valley REIA, but the last two meetings have been cancelled due to low attendance. Are there any Vermont Investors interested in getting together for a meet and greet outside CVREIA? If so, message me on here and we can figure out a plan.

Thanks,

jay

2Reply
450 views

Most Popular Reply

Graham MinkPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Stowe, VT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 27 votes
12y
I'm in VT and I would love to get together with other Vermont Investors. Feel free to contact me if you find more people to get together.
See this reply in the discussion

151 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hello! Newbie here (Vermont and REI). Currently located east of B-town and searching for 1-4 units with a COC ROI of 8% as my jump-off. Using the BP calculators, the goal looks quite doable. Currently viewing MLS listings only.

    What are your general thoughts about Milton/St Alban area rental markets?

    Anyway, would like to connect with folks in the area.

  • Investor · SC NC, VA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    5y

    @Pete Meck milton is a tougher market so I would suggest at Albans.  Tenants will find better public transportation and support services.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Great point @Mark H. Porter. Thank you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    @Pete Meck @Mark H. Porter

    As a resident of Milton and investor in St Albans, I somewhat echo your comments Mark. St. Albans has a more cohesive infrastructure and a true downtown area which help support the local economy. Milton, not so much. It's more of a mishmash of random zoning districts that don't always seem to make sense, but on the flip side, it's a "bedroom community" to Burlington so prices are stable and tend to grow with the Burlington area markets. St Albans is just far enough away that it tends to react to market conditions in it's own way, but as Burlington continues pricing people out the market, Franklin County in general is showing signs of growth. I've been investing there for 5-6 years now, and it's been a good market for me. I think Milton has a better base of people to choose from for higher quality tenants, but finding 2-4 unit properties is almost impossible; there are trade offs for sure. All things considered, if I could find properties that met my criteria in Milton, I would invest here without question.

  • Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey @Jay Mitiguy! Long time no talk :) I'm finally getting the itch to pull some equity out of that 5 unit I've got in Colchester and do some more investing! Would love to reconnect with you, @Blair Knowles, and anyone else actively doing stuff in the area to chat!

  • Rental Property Investor · Milton, VT · Member since 2014 · 88 posts · 25 votes
    5y

    Hey @Tom Martin! It has been awhile. Hope all is well with you and Amanda. I'm stoked you're getting ready to get into another project! What did you have in mind? Feel free to message me and I can shoot you my cell in case you don't have it. Have a good one!

  • New to Real Estate · Essex, VT · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Everyone,

    I am an 18 year old prospective investor in real estate living in Essex and also attending school at Penn State University. After over a year and a half of gathering knowledge in real estate through books, the BP podcast, and articles, I know that real estate investment/devlopement is the route I wanna take. 

    I hope everyone is staying safe doing well!

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 2 votes
    5y

    Hello, My name is Reilly.  I am a Newbie to the investment world and im looking to purchase my first multifamily in the Rutland community. I have been learning for about a year now and would like to make some friends and connections in the vermont community to real estate investing.

    I hope all is well , and stay safe ! 

    Reilly 

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi Reilly, I am doing the same in Rutland, VT. Are we in the same state?

  • Investor · VT · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Hey everybody! Today we close on our first "investment" property! I quote investment because this is going to be a hybrid get-away property/short term rental. Its in the northeast kingdom just east of St. J. Currently seeking out property managers or at least a cleaning company that could turn it over in between guests. Hope everybody is well! Tough market out there right now.. 

  • Property Manager · VT (vermont) · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Keith Richardson hey Keith congratulations on your property. I live in st.j and take care of and run a few rental properties. Did you find a property manager yet for that location? Once again congratulations!

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Hello, just relocated from New Jersey up here. Looking to network and start investing: looking for a duplex/multi-family home.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jericho, VT · Member since 2021 · 28 posts · 19 votes
    4y

    Hello all, hoping to find some interest in an REIA in VT. Seems as though a few existed pre pandemic but may have fizzled out? I've messaged a few on this thread but yet to really find anything. I'd be happy to travel or if there is any interest reach out and let's get it off the ground. I live in Jericho, have properties in Johnson and work in S. Burlington. Hope to connect with some of you soon.

  • Investor · SC NC, VA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Drew Berman:

    Hello all, hoping to find some interest in an REIA in VT. Seems as though a few existed pre pandemic but may have fizzled out? I've messaged a few on this thread but yet to really find anything. I'd be happy to travel or if there is any interest reach out and let's get it off the ground. I live in Jericho, have properties in Johnson and work in S. Burlington. Hope to connect with some of you soon.

    Drew, look up the Vermont Landlord Group on Facebook.
  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 104 posts · 30 votes
    4y

    @Keith Richardson Did you buy anything? Love the Upper valley. Trying to move there from coastal Massachusetts. Very difficult market right now. 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 3 votes
    4y

    Hello everyone!

    I know this is an old forum, but I’m new to investing and a native Vermonter. I’m having a difficult time finding a local network at the moment and am very motivated to do so. Please reach out directly if you’d be interested in connecting regarding  any aspect of Vermont deals. 
    thanks!

  • Investor · SC NC, VA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Caetlin Harwood:

    Hello everyone!

    I know this is an old forum, but I’m new to investing and a native Vermonter. I’m having a difficult time finding a local network at the moment and am very motivated to do so. Please reach out directly if you’d be interested in connecting regarding  any aspect of Vermont deals. 
    thanks!


     Caitlin, I mention the group right above

  • Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    I been following some groups on FB for Vermont investors but would love to meet up a network in person.

    Located: St. Albans, VT - 

  • Rental Property Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Hey Folks, 

      I'm working with a group of other investors to consistently put on an in person meetup at Burlington Beer CO in Burlington, VT once a month and a zoom call with local matter experts. The goal of the group is to meet other like minded investors in Vermont and help each along this journey of investing in real estate. Reach out if you would like any more info and we can add you to the mailing list. 

    Cheers,

    Mike

  • Rental Property Investor · South Burlington, VT · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    We're going to be hosting what's probably our last meet up in Burlington for the year. Please reach out if interested in joining this week. Sorry to be so cryptic, but can't post meet up details here or the post will get taken down. 

  • Rockford, MI · Member since 2018 · 97 posts · 26 votes
    2y

    We own a Vacation Home in Stowe and I am actively looking to put a team together to build more multi-family properties in the area as its desperately needed.

    I live in Grand Rapids, MI and a FT Property manager with a mix of single and multi. I own 2 Short term rentals, 1 in MI and 1 in VT and always looking to connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.