Realtor · Jupiter, FL · Member since 2022 · 44 posts · 19 votes
any ideas on the best remote side hustles to get a foot in the door with investing and make some $$? I just got my real estate license and have been focused on a side income so I do not feel so much pressure to make money "fast" in real estate. I am putting my head down and grinding but its hard without a paycheck. We all know it takes time!
Investor · Jefferson City, MO · Member since 2020 · 192 posts · 178 votes
4y
Call me crazy but maybe try marketing your social media skills? I looked up your insta (and followed, lol) you're talented with making RE focused content. I personally have paid $75 twice now [one hour sessions] to learn how to do social media as it's a HUGE lead gen source for organic leads. I've yet to do anything meaningful with it however because it's a ton of work. could you charge realtors looking to develop social media marketing (oh hey) a small fee for say, editing their videos into nice reels? maybe I'm unmotivated but that's something I'd use lol.
a fear of mine is shiny object syndrome. I looked at Amazon selling and thought 'wow how cool!' and got distracted for a week or two from real estate investing. got distracted by stock options and did the same thing. I'd error on the side of caution and try to focus on how to become you end goal. I'm in the same boat as you. new realtor who got his license to help me get going in REI.
Realtor · Jupiter, FL · Member since 2022 · 44 posts · 19 votes
4y
@Austin Johnson Thank you for the reply, Austin! And I appreciate your comments/ insight... I have the same mindset where I can get distracted and excited to jump into something else. Ive decided thats why this "side hustle" needs to remain real estate related. I love the social media idea- thanks! I never thought of it.