Cost Segregation Reports for Real Estate Investors

Cost Segregation Reports for Real Estate Investors

Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I "stumbled" across a website that provides cost segrgation reports. What was unique about this one is they will sell you a membership and then allow you to create reports on your own. Unfortunately I didn't note their url.

Any one heard of a compannty that does this?

1Reply
23 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • CPA · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 413 posts · 258 votes
    4y

    @John Hicks - You might be referring to this https://www.kbkg.com/residenti...   - I have no affiliation with them and can't guarantee their reports.  

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @John Hicks 

    While a cost segregation study may seem like a simple concept, it's actually a very complex process that requires significant documentation as well as specific methodologies. If the proper reports and documentation are not completed, you run the risk of failing an IRS audit and the cost segregation not being honored. Here's a link to the IRS website noting specific items that are included in the cost segregation study report. To be honest, with all the new regulations around documentation for cost segregation that has come out, I recommend having a professional do them. Of course, I run a cost segregation company BUT I would recommend that regardless. The IRS is taking a more conservative approach and hiring more personnel and you want to ensure you have all your ducks in a row + a team behind you to back you up if something comes into question.  Let me know if you'd like an introduction or any further information.

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    That would not be valid as you need engineers and CPAs to work on your report. It's not a simple click and DIY. 

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Thanks for the replies. KBKG was not the one. I must have looked at 25 sites.

    I am a CPA. Thanks again

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.