First time investor looking to get into real estate

First time investor looking to get into real estate

Dominic BaileyPro Member
Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I'm a single man looking for ideas or what knowledge I need to have in order to invest in real estate. My ultimate plan is to buy a duplex somewhere and rent out both sides. I do already own a home in Baton Rouge L.A. near LSU campus and plan to rent it out.

What else can I do in order to maximize profits?

0Reply
19 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dominic Bailey:

    I'm a single man looking for ideas or what knowledge I need to have in order to invest in real estate. My ultimate plan is to buy a duplex somewhere and rent out both sides. I do already own a home in Baton Rouge L.A. near LSU campus and plan to rent it out.

    What else can I do in order to maximize profits?


  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    @Dominic Bailey get a DSCR loan. Greatest for beginners. 
    Quote from @Zach Edelman:
    Quote from @Dominic Bailey:

    I'm a single man looking for ideas or what knowledge I need to have in order to invest in real estate. My ultimate plan is to buy a duplex somewhere and rent out both sides. I do already own a home in Baton Rouge L.A. near LSU campus and plan to rent it out.

    What else can I do in order to maximize profits?


  • Dominic BaileyPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Zach Edelman

    Where would be the best place to buy?

  • Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2022 · 739 posts · 410 votes
    4y

    Hi @Dominic Bailey, I would get a conventional loan if you can qualify. If not, you can always go non-QM or DSCR.

    Since you are going to be renting out your current primary, I would try house hacking for your next purchase. I know it is not for everyone but if you are interested in maximizing profits, that is a great way to do it.

    Obviously, buying at a discount or creating a discount through strategies such as BRRRR are great ways to maximize profits. Those do take more time and effort, however.

    Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dominic Bailey:

    @Zach Edelman

    Where would be the best place to buy?


     Like where is a good place to purchase a duplex? I only know really know the TX market(s) unfortunately. Any interest in investing in Texas? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.