Renting to Sober Living and Group Homes

Renting to Sober Living and Group Homes

Rental Property Investor · Austin tx · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 8 votes

Hello,

Since rent to value is generally tough right now, I'm exploring creative ways to maximize the income I can produce for my exit strategy. 

 I have scoured the BP forms to learn more about renting to sober living and group homes. I am not interested in running one, but leasing to an organization who would rent the property and then use the property as the facility as their sober living or a group home location.

 Does anyone have experience doing this? I would love to learn more, specifically, what to look for/ask when speaking with organizations who conduct this kind of business, as well as specific lease terms specific to this type of rental I would need to consider.

David

1Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I am looking into this right now as well. Have you gotten anymore info?

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @David Groemping:

    Hello,

    Since rent to value is generally tough right now, I'm exploring creative ways to maximize the income I can produce for my exit strategy. 

     I have scoured the BP forms to learn more about renting to sober living and group homes. I am not interested in running one, but leasing to an organization who would rent the property and then use the property as the facility as their sober living or a group home location.

     Does anyone have experience doing this? I would love to learn more, specifically, what to look for/ask when speaking with organizations who conduct this kind of business, as well as specific lease terms specific to this type of rental I would need to consider.

    David

    Did you end up finding an operator to rent to? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.