Need expert opinion/advice on how I could structure a fair deal.

Need expert opinion/advice on how I could structure a fair deal.

DMV · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 14 votes

I've always heard that For Sale by Owner is one of the ways to find off-market investments. I want to take this opportunity and I need your advice on how should I go about this.

My boyfriend's dad is selling his home in Pocomoke City, MD. They will use the money for a down payment for a new house they want to purchase. The house is fully paid but definitely can use some cosmetic rehab.

How does FSBO works? Also the financing part of it?

I can see it as BRRR or fix and flip but I would have to run the numbers.

Where do I start? What questions do I need to ask? What information do I need to know?

Any  suggestions/recommendations would be so helpful! Thanks so much in advance!!

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    FSBO and off market aren't the same thing. A FSBO is someone who is listing but doesn't want to pay realtors fees.

  • DMV · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 14 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nicholas L.:

    FSBO and off market aren't the same thing. A FSBO is someone who is listing but doesn't want to pay realtors fees.

    From my understanding, properties that aren't listed in the MLS are considered "off-market" therefore FSBO is considered "off-market". No?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.