International investing in Dublin Ireland

International investing in Dublin Ireland

Jeffrey SchratzPro Member
Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 2 votes

I have a family member who will be attending Trinity University in Dublin next year. I have been looking for properties to purchase, so that she can live there for the school year with one or two room mates. During the summer, we would go with STR's. Having reviewed the laws and underwriting the deal, it looks like it would work well. Looking for any flaws or pifalls that I may be mising. Thanks for any input or insights!

0Reply
26 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mike LambertPro Member
    Investor · The Americas and Europe · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Jeffrey, horrendously expensive for what it is. Surcharge market They have issues with the cost of housing for locals. What’s your plan B if they ban or regulate STRs like they’ve done in other European capitals. Try the numbers with a LT rental but don’t hold your breath.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.