Investor · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 25 votes
I'd like to hear about your experiences! When did you do it? What type of property? Which city? How much did it cost? Who did you sell it to? Current tenant? Other buyer? What was the timeline? What was the most difficult? Would you recommend? TIA!
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y
This is interesting because I was digging into this as well last year. My understanding that it can be done but a lot of hoops to jump through and that doesn't include potentially fighting with the City because you are technically taking rentals off the market, which the city needs more of. I think that is going to be your biggest fight. Similar to when a developer wants to break ground or do a lot split and the neighbors have a option to say something.
I would talk to someone at the City about this and what it would take. That way you are getting it direct from the source.