Buying house with owner deceased and no probate

Buying house with owner deceased and no probate

Winter Garden, FL · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 37 votes

I am looking for some insite into buying a house that is heading for a tax deed auction. I found a duplex that is heading for the tax deed auction in Florida next month. The owner is now deceased and I could not find any probate of will cases on this person. I generally contact the owner before the auction and negotiate a deal with them. 

Is there any way I can close on this deal? And if so how?

0Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Brookfield, WI · Member since 2014 · 873 posts · 350 votes
    9y

    Do you need to find the heirs to the property? If so check an online obituary for relatives and contact information. 

  • Real Estate Investment Attorney · Kingsville, MD · Member since 2016 · 643 posts · 408 votes
    9y

    @Thomas Anderson

    Let it go. There is nothing you can do until an estate is opened for the owner. Until then no one has the legal power to contract with you regarding the property.

  • Winter Garden, FL · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    That's what I thought but I was hoping somebody found a work around.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.