New Seaport Village Announced in San Diego

New Seaport Village Announced in San Diego

Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 62 votes

The UT just released the latest plans for the new Seaport Village in Downtown San Diego. 

I'm really excited to see what's going to happen in terms of development and real estate. What do you guys think on this matter?

2Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 57 votes
    8y

    @Erin Wicomb That looks like an ambitious project, I would love to see it come to fruition.

    Do you think Protea will have more success in getting this across the finish line than Papa Doug Manchester's Broadway project? It's taken him 11 years of litigation to get the approval and now Berkadia can't find the financing (SD Reader Article). 

    I do like that they are adding more office space, downtown needs it. The majority of 25-40 year olds who live downtown drive north for work (myself included). There's been a lot of co-working space coming online but we need to land a few large biotech type tenants down there so it becomes more of a "live, work, play" environment downtown. All the talent is working in UTC/Sorrento Valley.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 62 votes
    8y

    @Conor Freeman I 100% agree with you - we need to pull big biotech firm downtown or even a fortune 1000 firm downtown. I live and work downtown and am on the board of San Diego downtown partnership, gentrification is a slow moving ship but it is happening. I do think Protea can pull it off. What Manchester and Protea are doing are different but they will be very complementary. 

  • Architect · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 244 posts · 101 votes
    8y

    I would have liked to see residential as part of the project, to create a true mixed use neighborhood.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.