lynchburg, VA · Member since 2010 · 9 posts · 1 vote
I was told that u could form a llc with a personal property trust, so your name do not show up on the state website as members. so the members would be the personal property trust and me the beneficiary of the trust, b/c the trust not recorded in public records my name is not known.
i was just wondering has anyone setup a llc this way.
Real Estate Investor · Burke, VA · Member since 2008 · 42 posts · 6 votes
15y
KC,
I would like to learn more of this type of entity structuring method you outlined.
I work with land trusts in my investing so familiar with title holding trusts.
Can you do this nationwide under federal law or only under the particular state you are in. For asset protection if it is legal it sounds interesting for investors who really wish anonymity..
Typically, the LLC is assigned a % of beneficial interest in trust so you are layering your assets in the investment..
Feel free to call or PM me to discuss further.