Residential Assisted Living

Residential Assisted Living

Multifamily Syndicator · Greater Los Angeles Area · Member since 2015 · 399 posts · 261 votes

Hey BP,

Anyone here doing Residential Assisted Living? I'm looking into it and would love someone to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks,

Kyle

2Reply
105 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
8y
Originally posted by @Kyle Mitchell:

Thanks @Shane H.!  I will definitely look into this and try to attend.  Have you by chance heard of the Residential Assisted Living Academy out of Arizona hosted by Gene Gaurino?

Yes I have - he seems like a nice guy. I learned the industry (still have LOTS to learn) by exposure from my wife (she had been a CMA/CNA for a # of years) and then seeking out someone who had started an assisted living business and spending some time with them (connect with them via biggerpockets) And by taking the leap.

I've definitely never been happier and it's pretty fulfilling as well - the residents really do depend on you for a lot and are very grateful - much different to experience graciousness from folks compared to what I was doing (insurance claims where everyone was angry all the time - it had wore me out...my insurance experience has come in pretty handy though as we try to navigate and specialize in medicaid payers) 

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    That's all very helpful! Thanks for the replies. We ended up not going into ALF as a business given the time commitment, regulations, complexity, short staffing, and other reasons. It's a great business, helps the elderly achieve a high quality of life and the numbers are there, but it just ended up not being for me :)

  • Real Estate Broker · Oklahoma, OK · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Did you jump in to RAL? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Algonquin, IL · Member since 2019 · 55 posts · 63 votes
    3y

    @Tyler Rayman Hi! How have things been going with your RAL homes? I'd love to get an update on what's happened in the last year! My husband and I are contemplating signing up for RALA's 3 day live training in Phoenix. We're just not 100% sold yet and are hoping to talk to others that have started recently!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.