Property Manager to Real Estate Investor

Property Manager to Real Estate Investor

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hey I'm graduating in December and would like to learn the in and outs of the real estate industry. I want to learn how to invest and own property to live off the rental income one day but I have no idea where to start. I figured, in order to earn money and learn about the industry, I should go into property management. It seems obvious to do this so that I can learn to manage my own property, but am I completely wrong? Where should I start? What part of the industry should I work in?
0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Chandler AZ and Sylvania, OH · Member since 2009 · 708 posts · 561 votes
    7y

    If you go into property management you will only learn property management, if you go work for a contractor you will learn about construction,  if you go work for  a wholesaler you will learn about marketing and sales, if you want to learn about underwriting or lending go work for a bank, etc etc.

    It really depends on what aspect of real estate you want to focus on.  However I would think that the property management route is the most simple to learn and probably the least financially rewarding.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.