Specialist · St Clair Shores, MI · Member since 2010 · 39 posts · 22 votes
I’ve been a long time probate investor that is currently revamping our whole process and stumbled upon some excellent data which will help our unique process, find info faster and allow us to reach out to personal reps in multiple ways. Curious to who is successfully doing probates and if you buy your leads or get them direct from courthouse? This group ROCKS.
Rental Property Investor · TX · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 2 votes
7y
@Erik Stark hey Erik! In a similar position and I always tell people probates are the way to go if you’re looking to help the seller out tremendously while getting a property at an appealing discount. My company goes the courthouse route. I’m interested to see what your strategy is in terms of “farming” the leads out of the courthouse & what information you see as relevant. I’m here in Houston. Would really appreciate your insight on this type of lead because we are also revamping this investment route!
Specialist · St Clair Shores, MI · Member since 2010 · 39 posts · 22 votes
7y
@Ryan O'Bannon thank you for the exchange. We are looking for descendants name, last known residence, PR name and contact info. We are now texting and calling reps, searching for them on Facebook as well as mailing our good ole fashion genuine letters to them. We have also now created a website offering a book that is filled with FAQs about the process, links to important documents, directories of legal information and attorney referral information. We are also going to test running an advertorial publication in a few select papers and magazines to see how the responses are. I will tell you one of the greatest weapons we’ve had is receiving other investors/agent letters and postcards from sellers. This gave us a lot of insight as to who is marketing but also what they are saying. I took it a step further to see WHO is actually actively working these leads and out of 17 other marketers, NONE answered their phones, three returned the message and based on the way they handled the situation we are not to concerned with them being able to close much. Plus we also validated that we have the most unique and authentic process for acquiring these deals. Our smallest probate deal this year was $68,000. 👋.
Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 0 votes
7y
@Erik Stark long time fan I'm working on applying this way of thinking ie: dissiminating information to probate attorneys directly not the conventional going to the aire's method getting excellent feed back just think my brochure could be better. Can you give me any suggestions or assistance in this area. Anyway I could get ahold of one off your information booklets so I can see how diong it correctly looks?
Specialist · St Clair Shores, MI · Member since 2010 · 39 posts · 22 votes
7y
@Kambon Kali
Most attys are mentioned in the file or publication...with that said I have chosen actually to not contact attys since my experience has always been that attys have golf buddies who are realtors and generally list the property or have a way to dispose of it. So I guess that leaves an opening for you to earn your way in and become “the guy” but my experience has always been that attys who handle probates are often deal killers.
My final thoughts are for you to go for it. If you have a passionate direction of marketing to attys I believe you will be successful
Realtor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 66 posts · 49 votes
7y
@Erik Stark I mostly focus on Pre Foreclosures (South FL) BUT I've been trying to convince the team to start our marketing efforts on Probates. Thank you for your discussion and for the inspiration to look into this niche. I'm going to jump the gun myself and get into working on Probates :)
Of course I'm not looking to compete with anyone lol hopefully I can actually help other investors (like yourself) since I'm not a pro at this... Yet.
Specialist · St Clair Shores, MI · Member since 2010 · 39 posts · 22 votes
6y
@Sarah Torres sorry I am just seeing this? How is your process going for florida? I may be able to help as I am no longer a competitor of yours if you are working in palm beach and broward
Nice to meet you virtually. I'm just starting in REI, and saw your post here. Didn't really understand if you're still in Boca or not. But would love to connect either way.