How Peerspace Generates $3k/month in passive income for me

How Peerspace Generates $3k/month in passive income for me

Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 20 votes

https://www.peerspace.com/pages/listings/5ce4d035fa938c000cb975ad

We moved into our showroom/office/event space in January 2019.  Because it was a blank space, we designed it so it suited our needs perfectly.  We have a 9 private offices, a conference room, a showroom kitchen, a break kitchen, a full bathroom with shower, a lofted area and a 1,000 SF of open/flex space.  I originally had it built that way so we can host larger training's, presentations, events and more.  When I heard about peerspace and liquidspace (like AirBnB for event space), I wanted to try posting our space on there.  Now 6+ months after our first event space renters, we have 3-4 renters each week, either for just the conference room or for the entire event space.  In addition to generating ~$3k/month, I also get great publicity for my companies.  Plus I like being able to offer my space as an affordable alternative to renting restaurant, hotel or other professionally managed event space.  I partner with an event manager to make sure people's events have enough tables, chairs, decorations and more.  He even can arrange catering, food trucks, a DJ, photobooth or anything else you can imagine.  

If you see our reviews from the listing link above, you can see that people love the space!  They use it for business events, birthday parties, bridal showers, wedding rehearsals, college test-prep classes and much more!  The best part is that most of our renters use our space when no one is in the office anyway!  This has been a great method to offset a majority of my office lease and I intend to continue this shared use indefinitely. 

1Reply
86 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    I even have my vacation rental property available for rent by the hour: 

    https://www.peerspace.com/pages/listings/5dd57478e63a74000c46bc08

  • Rental Property Investor · River Falls, WI · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Hi - I noticed your link is no longer active.  Have you gotten out of this space?  I'm curious what your experience was and why you no longer host with Peerspace.

    Thanks!

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Brandon Schmidt:

    Hi - I noticed your link is no longer active.  Have you gotten out of this space?  I'm curious what your experience was and why you no longer host with Peerspace.

    Thanks!

    He posted Jan 2020 pre-covid.  I assume it didn't work out :/

    Interested in how the market is now though.  I looked into getting a larger office space with a dedicated filming area we could rent out but decided against it for now. Sharing is the future though! 

    I like the idea for renting out an Airbnb property hourly on low season, gap weekdays etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.