BRRRR deal with possible seller finance (?)

BRRRR deal with possible seller finance (?)

Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 69 posts · 28 votes
I am looking at a potential BRRRR deal that is zoned as a duplex but has 3 units, has a newly vacant lot next door and is a few blocks from my house hack. I see a ton of potential in the place. I saw it before it was listed--I actually sent a letter and another mailer to the property owner last fall. Now that it is listed, has anyone successfully built a seller finance deal with agents involved? It is really the only way this will turn into a "homerun" deal, though I can definitely get it done with my cash and a private lender.
I know the agent's commissions will still be paid based on the sale price ( I would offer to pay them in full along with the down payment). I guess I am looking for example seller finance terms folks have used in the past. I'd like to come to the table with 2 or 3 different options as a part of my offer. (i.e. a larger price with seller financing, a lower price with private money, something in the middle that blends the two). I am going to walk through the property on Wednesday to verify my rehab estimate then get to work.
0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    Yes, you can have agents involved on SF deals.  Never present more than 1 offer to the table at a time.  You can prepare more than one, bring it along with you, but NEVER present more than one at a time.  You're telling the seller that neither offer is final, inviting them to go so far as (and they will) combine the best (to them) of each offer, and thus taking control over the process away from you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.