"Traction" is a must read for business owners

"Traction" is a must read for business owners

Devin JamesPro Member
Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 502 posts · 306 votes

"Traction" by Gino Wickman has been a game-changer for our company and my personal life. The book introduces the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), a framework designed to help businesses clarify, simplify, and achieve their vision.

We use it for vision alignment, goal setting, & accountability.

My wife and I also use it in our personal lives to ensure that we are aligned with our values and goals and are taking the right steps to reach them.

What book has changed the trajectory of your business and/or life?

3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Diego · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 7 votes
2y

That's a great book, I think it goes long well The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber

I usually recommend people read the E-Myth an then read Traction. Having already read Traction, I would still recommend E-Myth if you haven't already.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Diego · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    That's a great book, I think it goes long well The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber

    I usually recommend people read the E-Myth an then read Traction. Having already read Traction, I would still recommend E-Myth if you haven't already.

  • Devin JamesPro Member
    OP
    Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 502 posts · 306 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jai Johnson:

    That's a great book, I think it goes long well The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber

    I usually recommend people read the E-Myth an then read Traction. Having already read Traction, I would still recommend E-Myth if you haven't already.


     Both great books! For some reason, Traction grabbed me more as a reader.

  • Investor · San Diego · Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 7 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Devin James:
    Quote from @Jai Johnson:

    That's a great book, I think it goes long well The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber

    I usually recommend people read the E-Myth an then read Traction. Having already read Traction, I would still recommend E-Myth if you haven't already.


     Both great books! For some reason, Traction grabbed me more as a reader.


     Have you read Profit First by Mike Michalowicz? This book gave me a different perspective for to handle accounting business. I even took some of the concepts discussed in the book and applied it to how I manage my personal finances as well, incredibly helpful read!

  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    @Devin James I bought Traction about 2 years ago and read it and just couldn’t get into it.

    I re-read it about 3 weeks ago and spent time working through the steps as outlined in the book and this time I got really excited about it.

    I highly recommend reading it.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    @Devin James

    Great book and our company follows eos as well.

    Book that I really thought was helpful was “what got you here won’t get you there”

    Talks about growing pains of being a company leader

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Devin JamesPro Member
    OP
    Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 502 posts · 306 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jai Johnson:
    Quote from @Devin James:
    Quote from @Jai Johnson:

    That's a great book, I think it goes long well The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber

    I usually recommend people read the E-Myth an then read Traction. Having already read Traction, I would still recommend E-Myth if you haven't already.


     Both great books! For some reason, Traction grabbed me more as a reader.


     Have you read Profit First by Mike Michalowicz? This book gave me a different perspective for to handle accounting business. I even took some of the concepts discussed in the book and applied it to how I manage my personal finances as well, incredibly helpful read!


     I have not, I appreciate the recommendation!!

  • Devin JamesPro Member
    OP
    Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 502 posts · 306 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Alecia Loveless:

    @Devin James I bought Traction about 2 years ago and read it and just couldn’t get into it.

    I re-read it about 3 weeks ago and spent time working through the steps as outlined in the book and this time I got really excited about it.

    I highly recommend reading it.

     Hey @Alecia Loveless, its so interesting how important timing is for books. This is why I always recommend rereading books. Each time you will pick up something different.

  • Devin JamesPro Member
    OP
    Developer · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 502 posts · 306 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chris Seveney:

    @Devin James

    Great book and our company follows eos as well.

    Book that I really thought was helpful was “what got you here won’t get you there”

    Talks about growing pains of being a company leader

     Hey @Chris Seveney, I have not read that one before but I have heard of the concept, and it makes total sense.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.