What's Your Real Estate Resolution for 2017?

What's Your Real Estate Resolution for 2017?

Rental Property Investor · Potomac, MD · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 64 votes

I'm a newbie here, but I thought that everyone might get a kick out of sharing their goals/dreams for the coming year.  It has been my experience that simply announcing one's goals makes them more tangible and increases the likelihood that they will come to fruition.

Mine is quite simple ... buy and hold ONE 10-50 unit apartment complex which provides a cash on cash return of greater than 10% from day one, with value added opportunities to increase that return over the next 2 years to 15% or greater.

1Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 239 posts · 177 votes
    9y
    Love it! Great idea/question! Good goals as well. Mine are much smaller, I'd like two more properties, at least duplex size, bought without investors, just my own financing. Let's hear for a good year!
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    Build enough reserves that I can use the equity I have to buy a small commercial multifamily (5 to 10 unit) property this year.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 210 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    Mine is similar to yours, focus on buying my first apartment building, 10-30 units. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Potomac, MD · Member since 2016 · 115 posts · 64 votes
    9y

    @Todd Fithian, @Account Closed

    Great goals!! I fully expect to see three posts in the "Success Stories" from all of you later this year! :)

    Good luck in 2017!!

  • Real Estate Agent · Willoughby, OH · Member since 2014 · 560 posts · 690 votes
    9y

    Last year in 2016 my goal was to sell my SFR so that I could house hack a 4 unit. That goal is done, I closed on 12/26/16. This year I have to follow up by purchasing and moving into a 4 unit property. If I can do that soon enough, then I plan to purchase another small multi by year's end. At least 6 units by 12/31/17 is the goal that is written and posted on the wall next to my bed. It will be done.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.