Chicago networking/ meet up events

Chicago networking/ meet up events

New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 9 votes

Question for all my Chicagoans. Are there existing networking events that you're plugged into and enjoy? Looking for recommendations on the best groups to join for networking and getting involved in the local community. I see there's quite a few groups in existence already, but is there one that stands out to you? If not, any thoughts of starting up a new one? Let me know what you think.

3Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 1k+ votes
5y

@Stephen Garmon - we’ve accumulated a list of some of our favorite ones in Chicago. DM me and I’ll share the link that has bout 8 of them (I don’t believe I’m allowed to share the link directly in the forum).

See this reply in the discussion

40 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Stephen Garmon - we’ve accumulated a list of some of our favorite ones in Chicago. DM me and I’ll share the link that has bout 8 of them (I don’t believe I’m allowed to share the link directly in the forum).

  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    @Stephen Garmon there are a ton of good meetup groups, and I would mostly focus on going to one close to where you live. I help run one in Forest Park here in the western suburbs, and I also attend a local land lording group in Berwyn. I have received an incredible amount of value through these groups. I have also attended many great meetups in other parts of Chicago and even Indiana, but I found that being local made these groups much more impactful for me. 

  • Oak Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @John Warren can you let me know when your next one is scheduled?

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    @John Warren @Tom Shallcross thank you both for the info. I’ll check these out.

  • Aaron ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Accountant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Yes. There a couple quality meet-ups. PM me if you'd like me to send to you some links to a couple FB groups. I don't believe we're allowed to post on the forums. 

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    @Tom Shallcross Do you mind sending them to me as well? 

  • New to Real Estate · Northwest Indiana · Member since 2020 · 31 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Hi Stephen, I host one here in the south loop. DM me if you interested in joining our next one coming up. Look forward to hearing from you

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 203 posts · 119 votes
    5y

    Stephen, 

    Where are you located in the city?

    Andy

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I’m about to retire and am going to start investing a bit more. I would like to attend meet ups to expand my investing knowledge and network with other investors. Please send me any links where I can look into meet up groups. Thanks in advance and hope to meet you all soon.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 203 posts · 119 votes
    5y

    @Alfonso Castillo here is a cash flow game at the end of the month with investors. Let me know if you have any questions. 

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Aaron Zimmerman Would love to also get involved in some meet-ups. I'm based in Evanston so not sure which groups are focused or near those areas

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Aaron Zimmerman Would love to also get involved in some meet-ups. I'm based in Evanston so not sure which groups are focused or near those areas

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 138 posts · 54 votes
    5y

    @Julian A Beeks we also live in the Southloop and would be interested in attending. Please PM me the info and would also like the links to other Chicago meet ups. Thanks boys.

    @Tom Shallcross can you PM me the links.

  • Investor · Homewood, IL · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    I’m interested as well. 

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    @Tom Shallcross - I'm new to the real estate game and interested in local meetups. Can you send me the list you mentioned as well please?

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    No problem, sent to all who requested. 

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Lurking this post a bit late. Also new to area and would love to have some meetups sent my way!

    Eddie

  • Investor · Homewood, IL · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan Klemm thanks for the info And invite. I can’t make this Saturday but would like to plan for another time. I will check out the meetup info. 

  • New to Real Estate · Chicago · Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    @Tom Shallcross @Julian A Beeks @Jonathan Klemm alittle late to the show but would appreciate if you could send me a few networking events/groups, etc! Im new to this so appreciate all the insights! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Kristopher Toribio holds a great one. Typically last Sunday of the month. Shoot him a PM 

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Tom Shallcross @Aaron Zimmerman @Jonathan Klemm

    I’m interested in finding local RE investment meet up groups as well. Will you please send me some info/links for groups in the Chicago area? Thank you.

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Jonathan Klemm Thank you Jonathan. This is super helpful! I didn’t know about this podcast so I’m excited to listen to it.

  • Investor · Chicago · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    @Tom Shallcross @Aaron Zimmerman @Jonathan Klemm

    Couple months late but also interested in finding local RE investment meet up groups.  Will you please send me some info/links for groups in the Chicago area? Thank you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago · Member since 2018 · 612 posts · 1k+ votes
    4y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.