Why Propstream why, please explain?

Why Propstream why, please explain?

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2017 · 108 posts · 30 votes

I am running different searches using all kinds of difference filters and no matter what, when I look through the list of properties that each search provides, after pulling up the addresses in MLS, every single property is either currently listed as Active, Pending, very recently closed escrow, or recently a cancelled listing. Cancelled listings were about 5%, the over 95% were Active, Pending, or just closed. I stopped at the #200. Is there a rep from Propstream that can explain this? If I'm not as savvy as I am, I might have run those numbers through SkipTrace and wasted a crap ton of money. Is that the point Propstream?

0Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Nowheresville, NY · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 20 votes
3y

I cancelled propstream the first week I ordered it.  On just my few properties there were so many errors that I couldn't see the benefit in it.  

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Nowheresville, NY · Member since 2015 · 31 posts · 20 votes
    3y

    I cancelled propstream the first week I ordered it.  On just my few properties there were so many errors that I couldn't see the benefit in it.  

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jon Thompson:

    I cancelled propstream the first week I ordered it.  On just my few properties there were so many errors that I couldn't see the benefit in it.  


     So who do you use in place of Prop Stream?

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ron Hollingsworth:

    I am running different searches using all kinds of difference filters and no matter what, when I look through the list of properties that each search provides, after pulling up the addresses in MLS, every single property is either currently listed as Active, Pending, very recently closed escrow, or recently a cancelled listing. Cancelled listings were about 5%, the over 95% were Active, Pending, or just closed. I stopped at the #200. Is there a rep from Propstream that can explain this? If I'm not as savvy as I am, I might have run those numbers through SkipTrace and wasted a crap ton of money. Is that the point Propstream?

    Could be "operator error" or false expectations.

    It takes time for a transaction to sign, then close, then be updated to Propstream. Maybe what you need is direct access to either the escrow companies or the county recorder's office. I don't think you'll get either one.

    When I first started out, there was a company that listed "most" pending foreclosures. The delay was about 30 days from when it was recorded. That was it. The amount of data available to people today is embarrassingly substantive.

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I experience somewhat of the same problem using prop stream for leads. Wish I could tell you why, just sharing my experience. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.