investor seeking tips for quick affordable rehab for property

investor seeking tips for quick affordable rehab for property

Jenifer MerryPro Member
Florence, AL · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi! I’m an investor seeking tips for quick affordable rehab for a property that will be a 3bed/2bath in a downtown area. Currently the house is in really rough shape. I normally wouldn’t buy something like this but it was cheap and the neighborhood is overall pretty good. It’s close enough for people to walk to the local university, downtown parks, and more. I also already know some of the neighbors and it’s a safe area. 

My background is more in residential new construction (ground up) and investing in larger multi family properties. This is out of my comfort zone but …. Growth? 🤷🏼‍♀️


any tips on ways to keep the Reno costs down, not overthink the process, and not overspend or destroy my timeline are appreciated.    

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jenifer Merry:

    Hi! I’m an investor seeking tips for quick affordable rehab for a property that will be a 3bed/2bath in a downtown area. Currently the house is in really rough shape. I normally wouldn’t buy something like this but it was cheap and the neighborhood is overall pretty good. It’s close enough for people to walk to the local university, downtown parks, and more. I also already know some of the neighbors and it’s a safe area. 

    My background is more in residential new construction (ground up) and investing in larger multi family properties. This is out of my comfort zone but …. Growth? 🤷🏼‍♀️


    any tips on ways to keep the Reno costs down, not overthink the process, and not overspend or destroy my timeline are appreciated.    

     Reduce waste, re-use, refinish, re-surface.  Especially wood floors, cabinets, countertops.  

    Swap carpet for laminate, use LVP over sheet vinyl. 

    And lots of properly prepped paint on walls/trim.   Good luck! 

  • Jenifer MerryPro Member
    OP
    Florence, AL · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thank you! We’ve been hard at work and the house is almost completed and I have a few interested parties to rent it. 🤞🏻

  • Honolulu, HI · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Aloha,

    Screen them well so all the hard work does not go to waste!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.